Awards to civilians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awards to civilians.

Find here the Black Wound Badge citation to a civilian wounded during a night attack. Could anyone provide me with details of the attack? I suppose it was a british bombing raid as it's stated that he was wounded during the night. He was the father of a NCO fighting with Pz.Auf.Abt. 9.

Thanks

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

5 days before his father he was also wounded and on July 2nd, 1.943 he received the Black Wound Badge, he also received the same day the Nahkampfspange in bronze and the Drivers badge in bronze.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Last edited by Sebastian G.; 05-04-2004, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Incidentallty the second wound badge is signed by Hauptmann Rudolf von Bünau RKT, he was killed 15.8.1943 south of Roslawl and promoted to Major.

RK 8.8.1943 as Hptm. u. Kdr. Pz.Aufkl.Abt. 9

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks to both, this group has a strange story, I visit one shop and found a box full of documents, all mixed and I spent two hours diving into it, at the end I found the EK I, CCC, Drivvers badge in bronza and in silver for him and the Wound badge from his father, almost two years later I visit again the shop and found another time the box full of documents and again I dive into it and found the soldier's wound badge (also another group, but that's another story).

It will be great to find something more about this family Sebastian. Thanks Ian, as always you arrive with help and reinforcements, the three documents were signed by the same man on the same day, a busy one for him.

Angel.

Comment

Great doc! This is THE FIRST wound badge doc. i have ever seen to a civillian. Great doc!
            Congrats.
            JeMc

Comment

Thanks Jeff, now only rest to wait till Sebastian found this family and they provide me with more details and the rest of the documents I have not (dreaming is free and cheap, add his uniform and photo albums)

Angel

Comment

Here I found another award to a civilian, this time to a locksmith in Bremen, I wonder what he did for the Reichsmarshall to receive this award, perhaps he opened the refrigerator and so the Fat Man could send away the diet

Angel
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X