Help, please on II./KG 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, please on II./KG 77

I’m looking for information about Heinrich Paepcke, Hauptmann and Gruppenkommandeur der II./KG 77, winner of the Knights Cross and the Oakleaves of the Knights Cross.
    I’m looking for as much information as I can find about H.Paepcke. I was thinking of his biography, the awards he has won, any phothographs, etc.
    Maybe you can give me some information on which books I should consult or organisations to contact. Or maybe you even have some information yourself.

Any help would be very, very welcome.

Thanks
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Sorry, François. I can't find any printed reference to KG77.

Rick

Comment

Hello

Photos :
      I have a photo from Paepcke in my colection published by Rohr Verlag but I can't scan it for the moment.
      To my knowledge, neither Hoffmann nor Film Foto Verlag (the 2 other publishers for KC postcards) provided a Paepcke picture. I suppose that his death prevented him from being photo'd. (Rohr pictures are known to be very early in the war).

Bio :
      PAEPCKE HEINRICH
      DoB : 11/12/1910
      DoD : 17/10/1942
      Last rank : MAJOR
      Last unit : III/K.G. 30
      DKiG : not awarded
      RK : 05/09/1940 (114th) as Oblt. 7/K.G. 30
      EL : 19/12/1942 (154th) as Hptm. III/K.G. 30

I have lent some of my books to a friend and I won't be access to them until the end of March, so I can't give more details about the way he earned his KC/EL.
      However, I'm sure some fellow members will give more details in checking in Angolia's On the Field of Honor (Volume 2) where Paepcke is listed.
      Regards
      Denis

Comment

On the Field of Honor ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Rick, this was exactly that.
          The Paepcke photo I own is this one which is a Rohr.
          Thanks again
          Denis

Comment

Here's the only nice one I've ever seen. The drawing doesn't do him justice.

How did you get interested in Heinrich?
            Attached Files

Comment

Dear All,

It was me who asked Francois for his help on my research on Heinrich Paepcke. Because I was away I was unable to post this question myself or to respond any earlier.

Thanks Francois for posting my questions on this forum.

In the short time I did some research on H.Paepcke I found out that there is not a lot of information on H.Paepcke and even when you find some information it is likely that it is not completely correct. Like the information from “On the field of honour” states that H.Paepcke died on 17 August 1942 which should be 17 October and that when he died he commanded the III Group 30th Bomber Wing which should be the II Group 77th Bomber Wing. The picture is a retouched one as it shows H.Paepcke with the OL which is impossible as he was awarded the OL posthumous.

H. Paepcke earned as Oberleutnant his RK as Staffelkapitän 7. Staffel III group Kampfgeschwader 30 on 5 September 1940. In Crete he was promoted to Hauptmann and Gruppenkommander of the II group Kampfgeschwader 77. He died on the 17 October 1942 at Malta when he collided with a Spitfire.

This is all the information I have on H.Paepcke. The reason for posting here is to ask if someone can provide me with some more information. Any other picture than the ones posted here would be very welcome as there are definitely not a lot from H.Paepcke. I will post three pictures of H.Paepcke which demonstrates the lack of pictures from H.Paepcke. Can you spot the differences?

Any further information would be very welcome.

Pascal
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Really nobody who can help me any further with my research?

Or any suggestions which organisations to contact to obtain more information?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Pascal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X