Post your action shots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your action shots...

Post your shots in the midst of battle! These are my favorite shots...

I like these types of photos as well, though I don't have many of them. I will post two of my favorites to start your thread off with.

I think this one is my favorite, I love the way those panzers look rolling through what is left of a soft skinned convoy (I think). Enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

Here is the second one. This anti-tank gun crew is about to take a shot at a Soviet (I assume) tank moving across the distant horizon.
      Attached Files
      Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
      All the best,
      Chris

Comment

Chris, I love action shots as well and have started to collect some of them myself. They can be a little more expensive than the other types of shots, but well worth the money!

Here are a few of mine. Some I've shown before so I guess everyone will just have to suffer through them again (they're kinda like kids...I keep wanting to show them off ).

Ken
        Attached Files

Comment

Another favorite. I had to look through a loop at the 6x9 cm picture to see all the guys digging in throughout the background...
          Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorite SS PK photo's....large format 5"x7" approx...
            Attached Files

Comment

and lastly...one of the series of PK photos I picked up regarding the battle for Stalingrad (first campaign to capture the city/area)....
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice shots people! Thank you for posting.

When I get my first 8 shots I have bought in the mail, you will see them! How exactly do you get pictures of them? Do you scan or what?

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man
                  Very nice shots people! Thank you for posting.

When I get my first 8 shots I have bought in the mail, you will see them! How exactly do you get pictures of them? Do you scan or what?
                  I use an Epson 3590 flatbed scanner. It is not top of the line by any means, but as you can see, it is adequate for the job of scanning. You can photograph pictures as well, but that often doesn't result in the best clarity as the flash will likely wash out alot of detail and the glare can really mess up the results. I look forward to seeing your pictures.
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EKman
                    You can photograph pictures as well, but that often doesn't result in the best clarity as the flash will likely wash out alot of detail and the glare can really mess up the results.
                    Flatbed scanners are best, but if you use a camera, for heaven's sake turn off your flash! What you want is greater ambient lighting from the side, not from straight over head. The ultimate goal is to have balanced and diffuse lighting. A light box is best, but you can improvise with a tripod. If you do not have an offset arm to use, make sure your tripod legs are not casting shadows across your object. If you do see shadows, then reposition lights or even turn off one or more lights and go with a longer exposure.

Your biggest enemy causing glare will be overhead lighting in a room. You can either try using a flat piece of nonglare glass to cover and flatten the photo (this will lose some resolution) - or you can use cardboard at the level of the camera to block the downward light rays.

Read up and experiment. The biggest issue is understanding where the glare is coming from.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X