Front photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
    Though not often I receive such prints from "new" sellers. I don't return them unless I am utterly unsatisfied with the images themselves, but putting a lot of money on photos have even greater risk than before, so I feel.
    akira, i agree 100% with you here. i didnt consider returning the pics, especially as this is exceedling rare material from Jäger-Rgt. 23 (L) around Riga 1944, but i fear new "originals" of this set will pop up soon.
    w.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by werner geier; 08-22-2006, 10:14 AM. Reason: pic size

Comment

Gentlemen,

Great discussion! I think you confirmed what I suspected about Bethge. Hence this thread...

I too try to stay with trusted Ebay dealers and usually have about 5 or 6 that I regularly buy from.

Comment

I will have to thank werner and akira as well, I sure was not up on this style of photo as being a repo. Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Hello Mark ,
          i don't like this light shine-pic's.There is an other bigger seller member on ebay.de , they sells in regulate interval repro pic's . The pic's must not glow under uv light , but the pic's are postwar nevertheless !

I can show a pic from this seller what i have bought two or three years ago , and now the same last week and others i have seen years before as sold , but i don't have the permission to post pic's .

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by werner geier
            but i fear new "originals" of this set will pop up soon.
            And imagine how you feel when the new "originals" are found in color... More photos than we imagine were taken in color by Bildberichters!

Comment

Originally posted by tobau View Post
              Hello Mark ,
              i don't like this light shine-pic's.There is an other bigger seller member on ebay.de , they sells in regulate interval repro pic's . The pic's must not glow under uv light , but the pic's are postwar nevertheless !

I can show a pic from this seller what i have bought two or three years ago , and now the same last week and others i have seen years before as sold , but i don't have the permission to post pic's .

Regards.
              I am always interested in learning as much as I can within this collecting field. This also includes fakes.

I asked tobau for the photo he was talking about to add to my "information" files.

Text supplied with the photo
              "here are the fake photo.This pic does not glow under uv , but it is a fake nevertheless .This and other front pic's cames in regular zyklus on ebay.de .The seller is a big name there .The paper is other than the me familiar , it is more " soft " ."

Cheers

Karl
              Attached Files

Comment

Back
                Attached Files

Comment

yes, I also have unfortunately bought at least one bad photo from him before.
                  A cleverly produced fake.
                  When it arrived it just did not look quite right. Too new, markings not quite right.
                  Never again will I buy from Lehesten.

Comment

Thanks Karl for posting my pic .

Hello milcollector , this pic is not from lehesten , it's from an other big name on ebay.de and ebay.com .Can you show your pic?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X