Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 Urkunde Sig and regiment query!

Hi there, I need your help again,

Can anybody confirm the existence of AR.501, I cannot find it in lexikon and also some help please with the General's name...is it Graeser (Fritz-Hubert) ?

The stamp reads .... "Gen.Kdo,II.armeekorps ????? "

I think this is Artillerie Regiments Stab z.b.V.501, which i've also seen referred to as stab./Art.Rgt.z.b.V.501.

From what i understand the commanding general of Generalkommando II Armee-Korps at the time was Max Föhrenbach but he was and artillery general.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

any chance this is a fake then?

Comment

That is General der Infanterie Walter Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt EL. Kommandeure II Armee Korps!

General der Artillerie Max F******246;hrenbach was Kommanduer of Wehrkreis II, Stellv. II Armee Korps!!!!!

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you as ever Ian!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
            That is General der Infanterie Walter Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt EL. Kommandeure II Armee Korps!

General der Artillerie Max Föhrenbach was Kommanduer of Wehrkreis II, Stellv. II Armee Korps!!!!!

/Ian
            I guess it has to be but i was under the impression he was promoted General on the 1st Aug.1940. Also the stamp includes Wehrkreiskommando II and the sig doesn't look like Brockdorff Ahlefeldt (not that i've seen an example of his sig), but perhaps Graf Ahlefeldt?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
              the stamp includes Wehrkreiskommando II
              Strange that.....as Wehrkreiskommando II was the stellv. II Armee Korps!?!?!?!?!
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X