Family photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family photo

Brother of my grandfather´s wife He was serve on Blue Division Volunter (Voluntario de la Division Azul) and Spanish Civil War

Scusme please my english

Someone coment to more the medals and distintives?
    Thanks

It also looks as if he served in the Spanish Civil War. have you any history about him?

Best, Sal

Oh , I did not notice you already mentioned the SCW service.

Any history would be fantastic!

Comment

Depending of the colour ot the three stripes on his shoulder boards he can be either a corporal (green) or a sargent (golden yellow).

He wears 4 Red Military Merit Crosses and the Civil War Conmemorative medal plus the ribbon of the German Conmemorative medal for the Spanish Volunteers.

The insignia under the eagle on his beret could be the one used by the antitank troops in the Division or the traditional insignia for the Cavalry Regiment Calatrava.

Do you have any other photos from him? Maybe we can narrow the field and discover where he served.

Regards

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Its only we have. The eagle in left corner ? German WWII ?

Comment

Yes, it's german.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post

Do you have any other photos from him? Maybe we can narrow the field and discover where he served.

Regards

Angel
            No, this only we have.

With your notes about pic the family send to you a thanks a lot Angel Farré

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X