No announcement yet.

KC holders on Hoffmann postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for providing the information.
    No, there is not card depicting HAns von Luck.

Best regards
    Denis

Comment

Rare Hoffmanncards - R numbers

Which numbers of the Hoffmann postcards are rare?ralf

Comment

Hoffmann & Röhr Cards / codenumbers

Hi Ramon,
        I am extremely impressed with your research (and the results you are achieving). This finally will end up in a valuable database!
        I am posting with my reply some items from my collection of original signatures which I have been collecting over the years. There's one (the Sepp Dietrich one) which doesn't show the typical figure code present in most if not all Hoffmann and/or Rohr Pöstkarten. Any idea why's that?

The others are pretty famous, and I have now some 60-odd WWII signed postcards (political, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and Heer plus others like Leni Riefenstahl, Traudl Junge, Ernst Goedecke) and quite a few WWI (Hindenburg, Mackensen, Tirpitz, Ludendorff, von Emmich, etc...)

Any comments very much welcome!

Comment

KC holders on Hoffmann postcards

IMHO the Dietrich card is a reproduction. It has been my experience that the cards with no number and larger fonts are reproductions. I'd like to know what Ramon has to say about this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Der Freiwillige View Post
            I am posting with my reply some items from my collection of original signatures which I have been collecting over the years. There's one (the Sepp Dietrich one) which doesn't show the typical figure code present in most if not all Hoffmann and/or Rohr Pöstkarten. Any idea why's that?
            Who are SS gruppenfuehrers on first photo?

G.

Comment

Who are SS gruppenfuehrers on first photo?

G.

Comment

Reproduction

Originally posted by DZR View Post
                IMHO the Dietrich card is a reproduction. It has been my experience that the cards with no number and larger fonts are reproductions. I'd like to know what Ramon has to say about this.
                Hi, Thanks for your reply. This card has been in the collection of the late father in law of my eldest brother since 1951. He was Eastern Front veteran (ended the war as Oberscharführer in the Freiwilligen Legion Flandern and later Sturmbrigade Langemarck). Even if the card itself is a repro, I guess that the signature itself is genuine. I submitted this to a few autograph experts in Germany and the UK whose overall impression was that the signature was correct. Perhaps it was signed after the war...?
                Why would people reproduce these cards and forget to add the code number?

Comment

Number code

Hi,
                  I am sending scans of some other cards, all of which bear the same code C2235. What does this code refer to? It seems present on cards of different printers or publishers.

I look forward to having your comment on that particular code/number
                  Thanks a lot beforehand.
                  Der Freiwillige

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your reply. This card has been in the collection of the late father in law of my eldest brother since 1951. He was Eastern Front veteran (ended the war as Oberscharführer in the Freiwilligen Legion Flandern and later Sturmbrigade Langemarck). Even if the card itself is a repro, I guess that the signature itself is genuine. I submitted this to a few autograph experts in Germany and the UK whose overall impression was that the signature was correct. Perhaps it was signed after the war...?
                    Why would people reproduce these cards and forget to add the code number?
                    I agree that it probably was signed post-war - still a nice piece! I was only wanting to comment on the card's age since the repro cards are quite well done, but for whatever reason, they always lack the number. I think Roger Bender is putting a book out about Hoffmann cards sometime soon - that will be helpful!

Comment

Marseille - Hoffmann PK

Hi Guys, I recently bought a Hoffmann PK + original ink signature which shows Oberleutnant Marseille. Nr. of the card is R 38. However, the printed name is "Oberleutnant Marsaeille" - obviously not correct. I would highly appreciate if you could check your cards and tell me if there is the same mistake. There is another typ of card (Nr. 1578) with the correct spelling of the name.

Thanks in advance for your well appreciated help

Thomas

Comment

Thomas: Please post high res images of the front and back of your "Oberleutnant Marsaeille" card.

Comment

Originally posted by DZR View Post
                          Thomas: Please post high res images of the front and back of your "Oberleutnant Marsaeille" card.
                          Please find attached the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasfj64 View Post
                            Please find attached the pictures.

[/QUOTE][/IMG]

Comment

Photos didn't upload.. better try again..

Comment

Marseille

Originally posted by thomasfj64 View Post
                                Hi Guys, I recently bought a Hoffmann PK + original ink signature which shows Oberleutnant Marseille. Nr. of the card is R 38. However, the printed name is "Oberleutnant Marsaeille" - obviously not correct. I would highly appreciate if you could check your cards and tell me if there is the same mistake. There is another typ of card (Nr. 1578) with the correct spelling of the name.

Thanks in advance for your well appreciated help

Thomas
                                Hi,
                                I have a Marseille signed Hoffmann card in my collection: cardnumber at back is 1578 and the printed rankname is Oberleutnant Marseille.
                                Cheers,
                                DF

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X