Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Major's photo

Hi,

I have a photo of an SS Major that is unidentified. From what I can see he's earned the Iron Cross 1st Class,a Sports Badge and the Wound Badge in either Black or Silver. He also has a ribbon bar with two or possibly three additional awards. I would like very much to identify this officer. Unfortunately, the photo is more of a waist up sort and you can't see any cufftitle he may have had on his uniform. How should I go about trying to identify this officer? Any help would be appreciated.

John

I think showing the picture here is the least and maybe the only thing you can do.
    There is always a possibility that someone recognizes the face from pictures he owes, which may contain unit information.
    That would be luck, but I think that is the only thing you can hope for.

So: good luck!

Best regards,
    Martin
    Last edited by martin3; 08-11-2006, 02:37 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

SS Major's photo

I seem to be having trouble downloading the major's photo to this site. Can someone offer assistance to me?

John

Comment

SS Major's Photo

[ATTACH]556794[/ATTACH]

Comment

Can anyone identify this Major?

Hello,

Well I finally figured out how to put the photo of this officer up on this thread. Can anyone identify this officer? I'd be willing to email the complete image to anyone who thinks they can be of assistance to me. Thanks for any help in advance.

John

Comment

-

Why not show the complete photo here?

Comment

Size of photo

Hi Ludwig,

I tried that,but it's too large for this board. So I had to reduce it in size to what you see at present. Like I say in my original description, the photo is waist up and you can see the officers medals. In this case an Iron Cross 1st Class,a Wound Badge in either Black or Silver and a sports badge. He also has a ribbon bar with what appears to consist of two awards.

John

Comment

Try reducing it in size to a maximum height of about 650 pixels and then post it.
                Max.

Comment

Photo size reduction

Hi Max,

I already did that. Besides there isn't much more to see that would actually help in identifying him. For example you can't see any cuff titles in the photo and the photo is just of this one officer,not a group shot or anything.

John

Comment

Ok, here's the full photo. Let's see if this helps.
                    Attached Files
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Complete photo

Hi TWP,

The complete photo is shown above your latest post. Thanks to Simon Orchard for reducing my poor attempt at posting the photo,now everyone can see the complete photo.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X