Airleaflets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airleaflets

I have 8 leaflets and I don't know anything about it. There is a number at the bottom of every leaflet, G3, G4, G39, G40, G41, G42, G45 and G52.
    I would like to know where the're used for and what the valid is of the leaflets?

Thanks

Bas

Bas,

Have a look on this web site under ww2 Britain to Germany leaflets ( G series)
    http://www.psywar.org/leaflets.php

Comment

Just to add that the leaflets at www.psywar.org/leaflets.php are sub-divided by year. You'll need to check them against the entries for 1942, 1943, and 1944 as the code numbers on the G-series leaflets were re-started at the beginning of each year.

For example there are three different leaflets with the code number G.1, one produced at the start of 1942, the next in 1943 and the last in 1944.

Incidentally these leaflets were produced by the British Politcal Warfare Executive (PWE) and dropped by both the RAF and USAAF over Germany. On a technical level they were quite revolutionary as they were printed on a specially developed thin paper and printed by the photo-gravure method.

Lee
      www.psywar.org

Comment

Lee,

Thank you for the added info.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X