No announcement yet.

Theodore Eicke signature and who else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about these documents as a group that just does not ring true. Very frustrating.
    Max.

Comment

Originally posted by kurskss
      Eickes name appears 3 times,two on one piece of paper.
      Any chance of posting these as well, please?

Comment

Max ,what exactly does not ring true? If it is the validity of the source of the subject,that is quite a reasonable question..the source is 100%,a known man who was his driver,and an intimate..please , if you could ,expand on your reservations...

Ian..i stated that the group would not be broken in a previous post...the quandry..move an extra signature to obtain some more of the documents back ...tough call..

Robin,when i get home i will ask my brother to post pics..we share the collection..

All documents and events are as stated.Beyond that,it is starting to become " he said, he said..." THAT is frustrating..

Just a thought..and i am not saying this in any way because these documents are mine, purely for research purposes.

The other signatures presented are done in a controlled environment, these were done in the field in adverse conditions.

Also ,Eicke was coming off of a breakdown..could that result in variations in a style of signature?

Who is to say this is not his style at the very end of his life, a short time before his death?

Also,if the other signatures could be identified, perhaps this signature could be placed in context?

I am willing to send these documents for inspection..

Comment

Robin,when i get home i will ask my brother to post pics..we share the collection.
          Many thanks!

Comment

Max ,what exactly does not ring true? If it is the validity of the source of the subject,that is quite a reasonable question..the source is 100%,a known man who was his driver,and an intimate..please , if you could ,expand on your reservations...

Just a thought..and i am not saying this in any way because these documents are mine, purely for research purposes.

The other signatures presented are done in a controlled environment, these were done in the field in adverse conditions.

Also ,Eicke was coming off of a breakdown..could that result in variations in a style of signature?

Who is to say this is not his style at the very end of his life, a short time before his death?
            In answer to your first question......

Originally posted by max history
            I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about these documents as a group that just does not ring true. Very frustrating.
            Max.
            Signatures can change over a period of time, but basic characteristics of handwriting remain once adulthood is achieved. Therefore, one can always determine if a similar signature is written by the same hand over a period of say 5 years. Eicke's 1942/43 signature did not vary greatly from his signature of 1937/38. Earlier examples are basically the same shape, but with slightly more rounding to certain letters. Therefore, the answer to your question regarding his signature style is in the negative.
            The other problem I have with your signatures lies in the bottom example. This is typical of a poorly fabricated signature which is added to a forged signature as support. A forger rarely pays as much attention to the support signature which always appears as a sort of afterthought, poorly executed. Yours has all these hallmarks present.
            To determine authenticity, your document should be examined under magnification.
            Max.

Comment

Max thank you for the reply...the item at hand...do you mean the bottom (last document ) or the signature (word?) under the Eicke signature?

Doug

Comment

Max thank you for the reply...the item at hand...do you mean the bottom (last document ) or the signature (word?) under the Eicke signature?

Doug
                I am referring to the first document you posted.
                Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X