Who might this RKT be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who might this RKT be?

Hello all I am curious who I have here. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks! Mike
    Attached Files

Looks very much Mj Horst v Usedom of GD.

Cheers
    Elwyn

Comment

Originally posted by Elwyn
      Looks very much Mj Horst v Usedom of GD.

Cheers
      Elwyn
      Elwyn, Thanks for the response! I will see if I can find a photo on the net to compare. Thanks again! Mike

Comment

Search through the other forum

Comment

I think the one on the right side is Heinrich NICKEL.
          The one on the left resembles very much Max FREMEREY.

Cheers!

Comment

I agree that the offier at left is Generalmajor Fremerey.
            And, as for the officer with Ritterkreuz, I think he is most likely Oberst Hans-Hermann Hecker. See the Waffenfarbe as black.
            As they were then Kommandeur of 29.Infaterie-Division (mot.), Fremerey, and Kdr. of Pionier-Bataillon 29, Hecker, this picture should be taken in late 1941, before Obst. Hecker was transferred to North Africa as Pionier-Führer Afrika.

Comment

That would make a lot of sense. I only have two very tiny pics of Hecker -- and one that Dieter Zinke has but with sunglasses in Africa. There is definitely the resemblance. Kitamura san, do you have a nicer pic of Hecker to share?

Cheers
              Elwyn

Comment

Originally posted by H. Kitamura
                I agree that the offier at left is Generalmajor Fremerey.
                And, as for the officer with Ritterkreuz, I think he is most likely Oberst Hans-Hermann Hecker. See the Waffenfarbe as black.
                As they were then Kommandeur of 29.Infaterie-Division (mot.), Fremerey, and Kdr. of Pionier-Bataillon 29, Hecker, this picture should be taken in late 1941, before Obst. Hecker was transferred to North Africa as Pionier-Führer Afrika.
                Thanks guys for the information!

I hope Akira doesn't mind if I use part of one of his photos depicting Fremery. I think there is a close enough resemblence to say that it is Fremery in my photo.
                I too would like to see a another photo of Hecker to compare.

Thanks again! Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Search Hecker at the other forum.

Cheers
                  Elwyn

Comment

Elwyn, Yep seek and ye shall find. lol

I think these two have been ID'd thanks to everyone for the great help!

I take it that there aren't to many photos of Hecker out there, so this one may be a bit on the rare side? thanks again! Mike

Comment

Rkt

Gents def on Fremery and Hecker,at the time of this photo
                      Hecker was Cmdr of the 71st (mot) Inf Regt of the Division
                      Harmel

Comment

Thank you for the advice.
                        According to the book "29.Division" by their first Kommandeur, General Lemelsen, when Kdr. of Infanterie-Regiment 71 (mot), Oberst Wilhelm Thomas (Ritterkreuzträger), was sick and left the unit, Oberstleutnant Hecker was appointed its deputy (not Kommandeur but Führer) on 14. 9. 1941.
                        On 29. October, he passed the commanding the Rgt to Oberstleutnant Herbert Kandt (DKiG), and got back to commanding his Pionier-Bataillon 29.

For the photo of Hecker, you can see him in the book "Bayerlein : From Afrikakorps to Panzer Lehr" by Spayd (Schiffer Pub. 2003) to the pages 82/83.
                        From left to right, Rommel, Bayerlein, Lw(Flak) Oberst Alwin Wolz, Lt.d.R. Berndt, 2 officers, and Oberst Hecker (over an officer with a mapcase).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X