Scharfschützen abzeichen identification needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scharfschützen abzeichen identification needed

Can anyone please confirm that this is a scharfschützenabzeichen? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a ordinary one or the ones issued to the Waffen SS.

Best regards/ Daniel
    Last edited by D. Löwenhamn; 03-03-2003, 04:28 AM.

possibly a cufftitle and if my memory serves me well, the sniper badge, by regulations, in worn on the right harm
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Couldn't it be a Waffen SS badge then?

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

As far as i'm aware the award should be on the right sleeve and lower down. From the photo it looks as if this guy is possibly a gebirgsjäger but an insignia above the sleeve eagle seems very odd. Off the top of my head the only thing which springs to mind is the placing of the union jack insignia above the eagle on British Free Corps uniforms for a short period of time, but this guy isn't BFC.

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

IMHO, it might be a Campaign shield.
          Regards
          Denis

Comment

If it were a waffen SS sharpshooter badge, where would the correct placement be?

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

...impossible to tell at this resolution. Whatever it is, the officer to the man's right appears to be wearing it too.

Rick

Comment

Yes, it's a bit difficult to tell. But if we look at the placement then what could it be. Also, am I correct in saying that these are Totenkopf soldiers?

Best regards/ Daniel
                Last edited by D. Löwenhamn; 02-14-2003, 02:38 PM.

Comment

As was said earlier, I think the best guess is a campaign shield. I cannot see the collar tabs well enough to distinguish whether or not they have Totenkopf or SS Rune insignia.

Regards,

Rick

Comment

Hello. I'm curious about the purple Fractur looking writing on the photo. Is that Goetz von Berlichingen? That was the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division. Maybe some of the guys from the SS forum could help. Regards, Chris B.

Comment

Yes, but that's just the name of the seller. I doubt that the men belongs to the 17th SS Div.

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X