looking for pix of EK2 & Ostmedal ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for pix of EK2 & Ostmedal ribbon

being worn on uniform...anyone have any they can post or send me please?

thanks.

Tony (entasis@nj.rr.com)

Are you looking for color pix? Only Heer, or KM, or...? In combat? Or just any pix at all?

Otherwise I would imagine these would be some of the easiest pix to find without having to ask for assistance...

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

pix

If you have a color photo for Heer...combat preferrably...I would be very appreciative.

thank you in advance,

Tony

Comment

Heer soldier wearing an EK2 ribbon

Benno von Arent wearing 1914 EK2 ribbon with 1939 spange

Sepp Dietrich wearing an ost-front ribbon

Comment

both

thank you for the pictures!

does anyone know if both the EK2 and ostmedal ribbons were worn at the same time? and if so, do you have photos of these being worn? again, color would be ideal but any would be appreciated.

if only one ribbon was worn on the tunic...was it just personal preference or was there some sort of regulation as to how and what to wear?

Tony

Comment

Here are two pictures, where the EK2 and Ostmedaille are wearing at the same time. One as a ribbon and one as a band.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tony,

I have never seen a picture of the EK2 and the Ost ribbon being worn in the second button hole of a tunic at the same time. Lots of photos of Ost Truppen wearing their complete Ost Truppen medals and several photos of Ost Truppen wearing the EK2 in the second button hole but not both at the same time. There are also photos of the Ost Truppen ribbon being worn in the second button hole by itself, but again, not both at the same time. Sorry that I can not post pictures right now. My collection is in the process of being packed to go into storage while I am living in Europe.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ok, he may not have kept them both there but on that day...he did
                    Attached Files

Comment

.>>
                      Attached Files

Comment

Terry,

Thanks for your post. The ribbons in the picture appear to be the EKII and the Rusian Front medal. I think what Tony is looking for is an EKII ribbon worn with the Ost Front medal which would be a plain green ribbon without any stripes.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I think you are talking about the Ostvolk medal then (as below). What I and Necker have posted are the Ostmedaille....
                          Attached Files

Comment

If we are indeed talking about the Ostvolk medal with the EK2, here's a photo taken from Angolia's For Fuehrer and Fatherland, 3rd ed, page 411. My scan is not very celar but the bok confirms that Major Siegfried Keiling is wearing the EK2 ribbon together with the 2nd class Ostvolk and the Ostmedaille ribbons.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I misunderstood the post.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X