Northern Germany Luftwaffe map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Germany Luftwaffe map

A fellow I trade with has an original Luftwaffe map of Central/ Northern germany 1940. It is original and military issue. It is about 36"x50" (rough guesstimate). It has the grids/ sectors and each is numbered. Basically a flight grid map. At the top it has two Luft eagles, one on each side of the map title. It is in excellent condition and he wants $90 for it. I've never dealt in paper items like this and was wondering if it was worth the price. Thanks for any input.

That's about right; is it made of oilcloth?
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

map

No, it is a paper map not cloth. So probably not a pilot or air crew map.

Comment

new info on Luft map

The map title is "Luft Navigationkarte in Merkatorprojektion" with Luft eagles on each side. It is of all of Germany and Greater Germany with its surrounding neighbors: Udssr, Slovakia, Ungaran, Rumanien, Kroatien, Italien, Schweiz, Frankreich, Luxemburg, Niederland, Danmark and Schweden. It measures 25x29 in color. One of the printings on bottom is "Generalstab Der Luftwaffe 1940". A nice map, any info on its purpose and use would be appriciated. I went ahead and bought it for the asking price, I just could not resist.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X