Gebirsgjäger to Gustav Line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirsgjäger to Gustav Line...

Hi. my dear friend Mauro (chief of Cassino War Memorial photographic archive) has buy this picture..for me is top ten that I have see in many years..
    The Mister is on Colle S. Martino (Saint Martino Hill), approximately 6 km east from Cassino, near Monte Cifalco (on background). Here the germans are front of French troops in january 1944. Note the tunic of this man..simply fantastic for me.
    enjoy
    Attached Files

Marco, that is a fantastic photo. Very unique. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

PS. Any idea what his name is or what rgt etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TWP
        PS. Any idea what his name is or what rgt etc?
        Hi TWP..I don't know the name of this guy, but like you can see on this map, I think are of I./100 GJR
        Attached Files

Comment

Marco,

I have some pics for you....extras from a GI grouping....a long time ago I posted some of the town ruins of Monte Cassino and the German Cemetary this is from the same grouping that show a view looking down at (I think) Castle hill. You can have them...send me a PM with your email & mailing address. I will send you some scans of those pics. Ciao! Bill

Comment

Pity there isn't more info to be able to identify him. I can at least say that it isn't the Btl. commander Franz Pöschl.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X