Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Hi,

Below is a photo of what appears to be a Luftwaffe band conductor. He has both Classes of the Iron Cross in wear. If someone could tell me his rank and what some of the other awards are, I'd appreciate it. The photo is dated on back. The date is June 13, 1944. There appears to also be a name on the back, but I can't make it out. If someone would like to try, I'd be happy to scan the back of the photo.
    OMG!! LOOK AT THAT BAR!!! If I saw THAT at a show I'd think it was a fake-the Hungarian is ahead of the TR medals!
    That is one rare photo. Can you show us a close up?
    Also, please scan the back-we can try to read it.
    Last edited by McCulloh; 11-14-2007, 09:43 PM. Reason: add words/spelling

Comment

Luftwaffe Bandmaster

Hi,

Here is the back of what I call the Luftwaffe Bandmaster photo. Any help in translating what the back of the photo says, will be most appreciated. I will attempt to get a close up of his medals as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Luftwaffe Bandmaster Medal close up

Hi,

Here is a close up of the Luftwaffe Bandmaster's medals. If I'm not right about him being a bandmaster, please forgive my error. He just appears that he could've been a bandmaster to me.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bandmaster's rank

Please ignore previous post regarding rank of bandmaster. That question has already been answered. My mistake in asking it again.
          Last edited by StuGIII; 08-15-2007, 10:25 PM. Reason: question answered already

Comment

WW I EK2 in wear

Hi,

I hope my fellow forum members won't mind if I put up the photo of a brave soldier from an earlier war.
            Attached Files

Comment

That photo is unbelievable! That man has a LOT of new comabt awards for a guy who has no HKx, yet had the gumption to obtain BOTH the Austrian WW1 and Hungarian Ww1 medal (and wear them out of order too).
              It's so wierd that I am suspiscious.
              Anyway, the writing on the back is later-a note that "Grandma-this is brother Franz" (I think-it's upside down) and the note says: In remembrance of your brother Franz 'something (can't read the last name).
              That medal bar is just mind blowing-the Hungarian WW1 medal should be last-and a double LS medal series with a Prague bar on the Sudeten medal. Seriously, if I saw that at a show I would laugh. But there it is.

Comment

Sorry about the poor quality. It's a large pic still in its original frame (Prague photographer)

The Luft Stabsfeldwebel is unbelievable. What is the deal with the 3 bands of tresse?? Is he an Uberspiess & 1/2??
                Attached Files

Comment

Luft Stabsfeldwebel

Hi McCulloh and Waffenreich,

Thanks for trying to read the back of the photo, at least we know his first name was Franz. Would it help if I scanned that part again, only this time turned it right side up maybe? What do you mean by HKx? What is an Uberspiess? Perhaps being German, he was unsure of the order in which the foreign medals should go? The thing I wonder about is why he'd be wearing all those medals at one time? I thought you only wore the EK2 on the day you received it and thereafter just wear the ribbon. Yet the photo shows him wearing both classes of the EK. I have no reason to doubt its authenticity, but it sure seems Franz was going overboard tring to impress someone. What does the patch on his left forearm signify?

Comment

Infantry Lt. named Fritz. Pic taken in Linz August 1940.

StGIII - In ref to the Luft Stbfldwbl; Uberspiess was a joke as he is wearing 1 & 1/2 the required tresse for a Spiess on one sleeve.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My only one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

and framed
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

My contribution.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X