Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with award certificate.

Hi friends

Am I correct in assuming that this is an award certificate for the Hindenburg Cross of Honor for non-combatants?...Other certificates like this that I've had or seen read for "Frontkampfer". Which I assume means "Frontfighter".

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Ken
    Attached Files

Hi Ken,
    Although I'm not overly familiar with the Hindenburg levels, it does say it's awarded to somebody who "took part in" the war. I would suppose that's at any level of support.

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Kecon
      Hi friends

Am I correct in assuming that this is an award certificate for the Hindenburg Cross of Honor for non-combatants?...Other certificates like this that I've had or seen read for "Frontkampfer". Which I assume means "Frontfighter".

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Ken
      Yup, you're spot on.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you, Hank. ..And thanks, Simon....Really appreciate the help.
        Now I can finally put a title to this. Wish it was in a little better condition.

Ken

Comment

The Hindenburg Cross was awarded in three grades, a bronze cross with swords for frontfighters (frontk******228;mpfer), a bronze cross without swords for war participants (kriegsteilnehmer) and a black cross for next-of-kin (hinterbleibenden - not sure of the spelling of this word).

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Bruce. ...Interesting info.

Ken

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X