Citation supply problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citation supply problems

Today I have received some documents from Inf.Rgt. 90 and I found that also with papers the Heer had problems to asure a proper supply, first award document to the IAB in bronze, I suspect the poor clerk must loan some citation from the Pi.Batl. of the Division.
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Some time after, and surely a couple of written requests, he received a batch of proper citations, but no mention of the grade in which the badge is awarded.
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

At the end I hope he received proper citations, but I guess if he received Panzerkampfabzeichen ones as the unit change his name, someone forgot to tell him this as we can see in this third citation, this time a proper one for the medal awarded.

Angel

Someone has other citations for the IAB in bronze from this unit? Can someone say me who signed the documents?

Comment

Hi Angel!

My great uncle was in 4./ IR 90!!!!! I will send you information and a Sucheanzeige about him will appear in the next issue Kameraden!!!

Here is the text:

Uffz. Heinrich Coenenberg 36. Infanterie Division
        Heinrich Coenenberg diente laut Deutscher Dienststelle bei folgenden Einheiten: 4./ IR 90, 1./IR 118, 4./IR 118 (mot). Coenenberg wurde 1941 in Russland verwundet und war ab 1.11.1943 bei Stab Bataillon D XII. Laut Meldung vom 29.4.1945 diente er bei Lds. Ersatz u. Ausbildungs Bataillon 12, Mainz, wo er in amerikanische Gefangenschaft geriet. Er starb 1959. Wer kannte Heinrich Coenenberg?

Nice documents!! Interesting that the Nahkampf document is printed by the Wehrkreiskommando of Hamburg! And that it is a Muster - so it is a copy from some sort of Dienstvorschrift.

I will see what other documents I might be able to find. I should be able to get Heinrichs Wehrpass and KVK II award document!

Erich Craciun

Comment

Erich, with this documents I also received a congratulations radio message to Feldwebel Otto Nitsche from 2./Inf.Rgt. 90. Perhaps you can put a face to this name as was in the same Batallion that your relative. Find here scans of the piece.

Angel

Comment

And here the reverse, with more grates.

Angel

Comment

Angel!

Thank you very much! After I finish the a divisional history of 357. ID (almost done) I am working on the 102. ID then I wanted to write a history of this division. We'll keep in contact!

Erich

Comment

It's nothing, all I hope is that someday I can put a face to this name and to know the name of the officer who signed the citations, still a mistery to me.

Angel

Comment

Angel,

The officer who signed the citations is Oberst Werner Jochens DkiG 25.10.1943.

Cheers,
                  Gary.

Comment

Thanks Gary, any picture of him?

Angel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X