No announcement yet.

Hitler Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The signature is definitely Hitler's, but I would agree with Robert and Ramon, it's either autopen or printed. It's one of the more common printed Hitlers from the mid 1930s, often seen on the "Im Namen des Reichs" promo documents. Although it's not hand-signed, the document appears to be an original.
    Regards!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, many thanks for your input all, robert39 and adam have identified it exactly, your examples are exactly the same, thus it is definitely some type of auto pen copy device. I am certain the document is original , which raises the question to me, if it is accepted as an original document with auto pen or similar device AH sig, what would be a rough guide to its value?? thanks Mark

Comment

To my humble opinion it's printed signature. btw, autopens were not available that time.

Comment

Referring to my earlier post in this thread.

Was this document sold to the OP as being an original personally signed Hitler item? If it was, then I definitely would not have purchased it. Was is sold as a printed signature? If yes, then the price should reflect the difference between original and printed signatures.

Looking at this item it is clearly not a hand signed signature. As a 'back in the day' document, it is nice.

Ramon

Comment

Hi all, the document was not sold as a definite one off AH signature. it was rather inexpensive and the seller is a genuine person I trust. I fully believe the document is original to the period, I have no doubt, it is from AH's office. Just what type signature image is the question. I hoped it could have been a one off signature , the original owner believes it is inked in some way?( the item is in the post) and when you look at the ink impression on the back it suggests that pressure from some sort of signing device was not uniform, more ink has soaked in at the point of placement when forming the first part of the A in Adolf, see image, because of the lack of consistency in the rear image I thought some sort of autopen was used?? if these didn't exist, then what method, lithograth, printing?? Anyhow if it is a version of print etc, what would this be worth roughly?? as an original docu from AH's office to what I believe is a party member congratulating them on their golden wedding anniversary ans wishing them a long life together, though I would love to have an accurate translation other than that of the school language teacher wh has limited ability
            thanks for the help all,
            Mark in Oz

Comment

regardless its still a nice item made at the time and from hitlers office
              so it will always some value
              enjoy

dread

Comment

Originally posted by MARKH
                , though I would love to have an accurate translation other than that of the school language teacher wh has limited ability
                thanks for the help all,
                Mark in Oz
                Here it is, give or take a fine point:

"In recognition of the rare celebration of the diamond wedding anniversary, I wish you and your wife my most heartfelt congratulations.
                I hope and wish, that you enjoy long and uncomplicated golden years within the circle of your family."

regards,
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi ,thanks for those comments folks, and Hank for the translation,
                  Regards
                  Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X