Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Grouping

Hello All,

I do not have any paper items to date but right now am offered something so I have a question for you. I don't follow paper items value so I don't know if this is worth it.
    My friend is selling awards of one soldier, these are:
    1. Russia East front Medal award
    2. Cross award for bravery. Not sure which one it is (he said its the cross awards for the cross that is pinned to the tunic...)
    3. Wound badge (black)
    4. He can't translate the last but its either an award for completing a mountain warfare course or some action that is associated with mountain troops.

I'm being offered this for the sum of $350 Canadian, which is roughly about $300 US.
    What is this grouping worth (in good condition), is this worth it????

Thank you Lubos

Without being able to see the documents, it is hard to say. Depends on:

1. condition of documents
    2. who signed the documents
    3. who received the documents
    4. what unit(s) are the documents from
    5. If there happens to be "rare" variations of the documents.
    6. Dates on the docs.

If they are all just good condition, with nobody real special signing them, to a run-of-the-mill infantry guy, in the middle of the war, 300 might be a bit high.

But - really need more details.

Hope that helps
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank's right. There's not enough info here to be able to give you even a rough idea.

Assuming the 'cross' is an EKII then items 1-3 could be anything from around 175 USD upwards but it's completely dependent on the points Hank mentions. The 4th doc could be almost anything from the vague description so it's pointless even guessing.

If you can do as much as confirm what kind of cross it is, what the 4th doc is (no need to translate just get him to read what it says on it) and find out what unit the guy was with then we could be of more help.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you very much for the help. I will contact him and try and find out more info.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X