EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book: Der Grosse Deutsche Feldzug gegen Polen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book: Der Grosse Deutsche Feldzug gegen Polen.

Hey all,

Last year i saw this book and decided to buy it. It is a reproduction made in december 1940 and it covers the war in Poland from the beginning of the war (with speeches from Hitler adressing the German civillians) to the end of the war. There is a lot of information and what i personally like much is the comparisation between 1914 and 1939.

All is written in Sutherlin and it gives inside information about the German (Third Reich's) vision on the war against Poland.

Here is the text from the first page of the book:

Der Grosse Deutsche Feldzug gegen Polen.

Eine Chronik des krieges in Wort und Bild.

Herausgegeben unter mitarbeit des Reichsbildberichterstatters der NSDAP.
    Prof. Heinrich Hoffmann

Geleitwort Generalfeldmarschall "von Reichenau".

Bearbeitet von Heeresarchivrat Ernst Wisshaupt Major a.D.
    Mit beitragen von "General der inf. a.D. Eisenhart Rothe", Berlin und "Generalmajor a.D. Hugo Kerchnawe", Wien.

Verlach fur militar und fachliteratur;
    A. Franz Goth & Sohn, Wien.
    Also included in this book are lots of A4 sized pictures of Hitler with: Goring, von Brauchitz, Keitel, Raeder.
    Also included are A4 size portraits of: Halder, von Rundstedt, von Bock, List, von Reichenau, Blaskowitz, von Kluge, von Kuchler, Milch, jeschonek, Kesselring, Lohr, Albrecht, Schnierwind, Hoepner, StrauB, Hoth, Schmidt, von Brielen, Kubler, Olbricht, Steinhardt, Stolz, Reichsminister dr. Frank and Guderian. And many other pictures.

What i would like to know:

Does anyone know if there are more books like these, published in the Third Reichs period (1939 till 1945). And also, does anyone know what pricerange this book is about.

And also, IF there is anyone out there who's got the same book. What do you think of it?

Greetings A_F

Hi,

first of all welcome to this forum.
    I own the same book and I agree that it´s very nice illustrated with photos and maps. Plus it was published by Hoffmann which somehow guarantees a certain level of quality.
    Unfortunately this is no series - so there are no other books similar to this one for other campaigns.
    What do you mean by reproduction ??? This certainly is a period book.
    Value: approx 50 - 80 EURO depending on the condition.
    Your copy seems to be a little bit damaged at the back - so I´d say 40 - 50 EURO.
    My copy is with original dust jacket and box even though the dust jacket is not very exciting (plain gray paper).

Cheers,
    ustufvorwaerts
    silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Thnx, i like this forum a lot! I will have a good time here

I did not mean reproduction in the meaning of a postwar/fake/copy of this book, but i meant it is a "Herausgaben".
      So i thought Hoffmann published (for example) 500 of these books in october 1940, they got sold out and then he decided to publish (again for example) another 500 books in december 1940, which got the name "Herausgaben". I dont know the English word for this, but thats what i meant with "Reproduction".

I hope you understand what i mean!

I regret to read there is not a series of these books about other battles. I have been searching for them for a while now, but i was not able to find any. I do understand why now.

You say books published by Hoffmann somehow guarantees a certain level of quality. what is his role in the Third Reichs history, has he published other books which i should try to buy (within a reasonable pricerange?). Or are his books hard to get?

I did not pay to much for this book last year. Good to know that

Last but not least

You say your book has got original dust jacket, is mine not original
      My copy has a hard dust jacket as far as i can see ( i am not an expert in books, especially older books) but seems to me, it has got an dust jacket!

Can you put a picture of your edition online, I would like to see the condition yours is in!? And i would like to see the box you mention.
      Also i can see how badly (or slightly) damaged my book is.

Regards,

Amor_Fati

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
      Hi,

first of all welcome to this forum.
      I own the same book and I agree that it´s very nice illustrated with photos and maps. Plus it was published by Hoffmann which somehow guarantees a certain level of quality.
      Unfortunately this is no series - so there are no other books similar to this one for other campaigns.
      What do you mean by reproduction ??? This certainly is a period book.
      Value: approx 50 - 80 EURO depending on the condition.
      Your copy seems to be a little bit damaged at the back - so I´d say 40 - 50 EURO.
      My copy is with original dust jacket and box even though the dust jacket is not very exciting (plain gray paper).

Cheers,
      ustufvorwaerts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X