EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos, period originals, fakes, repros or what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Noss,

Your website is excellent. Your research into pre-war and wartime photo papers is of the utmost help to collectors and scholars. I have been a professional photographer for over 40 years, and was only slightly aware of the information you gave. I will use your information as a resource. Thank you.

Comment

hi...heres apic for you...please check out the two gentlemen with the chinstraps sitting above the gefrieter perched on the left hand front of this stug(?)...are they not the same bloke? has this photo been doctored?..they look like twins or something........................

Karlo
      Attached Files

Comment

Perfekt Thankyou helps a lot

Comment

Website down

My website is down, cause the german authorities have accused me of showing swastikas and other forbidden symbols in the public. I had to close my complete website.
          Sorry, but the article about photographic papers will be not available for some time.
          I will try to put it in another place and correct the link when I have done so, but at the very moment I have to wait until the trial is over.
          Poor Fatherland.

Kind regards
          Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert,

I will be sure to look for your website whenever it's back up, as I actually need such specific information myself, at this time. I also wish you the best of luck in dealing with your recent and related troubles with this issue.

Best regards,

Chris

Comment

A photo auction is running on ebay with my favorite vehicle ( http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=012 ).

Looking at the back, it appears that former owner erased the letters Kopie ( photographic duplicate) at the top of atelier stamp. The photo shop ( http://web2.cylex.de/firma-home/foto...s-2445224.html ) has been there for 100 years and still running there.

Photographic duplicate, if done with excellent worksmanships, will create a very nice image, very close to the original. I don't know if it applies to this case, but looks like an ok image.

Just thought that it might be a good example to look at for those who are interested in this subject.

Comment

Hi!

I would love to check out this website, but my browser can't locate it, or the root site.

Does anyone know if it's moved to another site, or not maintained any longer?

Thanks!
                Amber

Comment

Robert Noss - Thank You (!)

Robert Noss - Thank You (!)

Always for your Generosity in Sharing your wealth of Information regarding the Photos of the TR Period.

Also a BIG thanks to you, as you gladly share your Rare & Unusual Photos with us on various Forums & within SubForums!!! Your fantastic TENO Photos on the GDC Police Uniform Forum was wonderful.

YOUR Photos have changed the 'supposed' "Facts" on a number of areas - by showing a Period Photo.... of the actual way that it was!!! That is a Phenomenal Asset to the Hobby!!!

Hopefully the Authorities will realized that your site is 'informing & educational' and allow you to proceed as before.

Thank YOU Robert....... for Helping ALL of us as Collectors(!) Dave/dblmed

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Noss View Post
                    My website is down, cause the german authorities have accused me of showing swastikas and other forbidden symbols in the public. I had to close my complete website.
                    Sorry, but the article about photographic papers will be not available for some time.
                    I will try to put it in another place and correct the link when I have done so, but at the very moment I have to wait until the trial is over.
                    Poor Fatherland.

Kind regards
                    Robert
                    Sorry for what's happened Robert, but I find this a real absurdity from german authorities...they have to understand that there are persons who take distance from any war and the historical purposes of research and study is over all!!
                    Try to open a new web site with an hosting based out of germany for example .co.uk or .tk or .it or something else.....

Comment

Robert Hi
                      After a period away from the hobby, I have got back into harness and was wondering if you were any closer to getting your site back up and running as I was keen to read your article............any news would be a great help......or if anyone have the forthought to have copied said item, could they please forward me a copy?
                      Thanks
                      Regards
                      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hi Robert (The Photosammler),

I'm very new to this Forum and would be very interested to see your web site when your current problem is resolved.

Best of luck, kind regards...Howard

Comment

Hello to all my friends out there,

there is yet nothing new in my "case", the authorities take their time ( and mine too ).

However, after I have had really a lot of requests after my article about photographic papers and how to detect good from bad, I have put the article back to life again.
                          It is updated, revisited and I tried to improve my english a bit, hope I was successful.

I corrected the link in the first thread.

And here it is too, you don't have to scroll back:

http://www.kriegsberichter.de/Data/fake01e.htm

The Kriegsberichter domain is another of my domains, but You will only find this article there, nothing else.

Kind regards
                          Robert

Comment

Was there resin coated paper before 1945?

Comment

Great site for information on photos & more

First off, not sure what your web page has regarding photos: fake-vs-original because I cannot get it to come up. Below is a site with a wealth of information on photographs and paper items. A must for a photograph collector to look at!

www.cycleback.com

A great source for a high quality UV black light that can be use in daylight (yes you don't have to turn off all the lights or crawl under a table to use it!) is from

www.advanceguardmilitaria.com

The one they sell is S2UV professional Quality Investigative UV Light $139.99 and can be found under the General Interest & Reference section of their site.

A $139.99 is a lot of money for a Black Light, but if you are spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on photographs, it is worth knowing what you are buying!

I have bought and sold tens of thousands of WWI, 1930's, WWII, Korean and Vietnam War photographs. The later two sources I have found to be of great use to me and hope they help.

Joe Tonelli
                              www.TONELLIAUCTION.com

Comment

very informative as i collect German WW2, fotos!
                                Great work Robert!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X