No announcement yet.

unknown knights cross winner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is RKT 1 wearing black or red on the peaked cap? Maybe this will narrow down the search for Artillerie or Pioniere!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Following to Ian's good comment, I have only kept the recipients belonging to Art. or Pionier units and being awarded the KC before 1944 with a rank equals or below Uffz.
      18 soldiers are retrieved
      After some research, unID 1 might be Heinrich Ofenloch (RK 12/07/1943 as Uffz. 1/Pi.Btl. 323). Indeed, Ofenloch is credited with one TDB.
      Unfortunately (and as usual) I can't access to my books : can anybody check if :
      1- Ofenloch was awarded the DK ?
      2- a possible photo of him exists in Bender/Breyette book about the Tank Destruction Badge ?
      Thanks in advance
      Regards
      Denis

Comment

Ofenloch was not a DK winner!!! Do we have him!?!?!
        Well done Denis

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Ian
          Not very sure about Ofenloch and I haven't got any photos from him ! I hope I am right : the doubtful point is his KC awardind date : July, 1943 I would have originally said that this photo was taken before that date due to Uniforms.
          I hope we'll be able to check that.
          Denis
          PS : this thread looks like more and more to a chat session !!

Comment

I found a photo Ofenloch on the web but respected this persons copyright.....the awards, position etc. matched that in this photo.......I think we have our man!
            Do you have a photo of him at home Denis?

Cheers! Ian

Comment

Great news Ian !!
              No I don't think so. Is it possible that you post the URL to the Ofenloch pic. Copyright will be respected and everybody will be able to see him.
              Well done
              BTW : does unID 4 wear a Sport badge or something else ? What is the purpose of his lanyard ?
              Regards
              Denis

Comment

I forgot about the link...I just thought about it and logged back on.......

Incidentally the pictures are for sale so he might even get some trade!!!

http://www.samba66.com/html/forsale2.htm

Ofenloch is 3/4 way down on the right....

Uin4 is wearing a DRL Sports Badge I think and a Marksman lanyard....is that also Ostmedaille and 1.10.38 m/Spange?

/Ian

Comment

Thanks for the link. this belongs to Paal Waland who contributes to this forum.
                  I agree with you about the ribbon bar of unID 4 : Ostmedaille and Czech annexion medal with Prague bar
                  The piping of the peaked cap sems to be very clear : this is certainly a member of the Infantry branch (the IAB confirms that point).
                  So here is what we have about this guy :
                  he was appointed as an officer AFTER July, 1943
                  he belongs to Infantry
                  he was a veteran of the ostfront and fought there in 1941-42
                  he was among the troops which entred into Czechoslowakia
                  he was not awarded the DKiG BEFORE July, 1943
                  he was awarded the RK before July, 1943
                  Hope we'll find it but this is a big task !
                  Denis

Comment

It is Heinrich Reinke.

Regards
                    Paal

Comment

Hi Paal
                      Many Thanks for the info. This info will avoid headache since I have got a short list of 136 names (among those Reinke).
                      Would you have a picture of him ?
                      So the 4 KC holders are finally identified :
                      From left to Right :
                      Uffz. Ofenloch
                      Ofw. Brakat
                      Ofw. Schlee
                      Ofw. Reinke

Best regards
                      Denis

Comment

An inspiring bit of cooperative reaearch to watch from the sidelines. A deserved "well done" to all of you!

Ed Haynes

Comment

Hi!

Here you have Reinke:

Regards
                          Paal

Comment

Thanks very much Paal for posting that photo.
                            It looks like it could well have been taken on the same day with "Wach" Bataillon members in the background!

/Ian

Comment

Interesting photo of Reinke as we were discussing whether or not he was wearing Offizier collar patches or NCO's...we came to the conclusion he was an Oberähnrich but they just didn't look right....
                              The reason being they are NCO's with only partial tresse around the collar!
                              Also he doesn't appear to be wearing "W" on the shoulder boards! Perhaps he was not a member of the Wach Bataillon?

I think this group photo is indeed worthy or more research!

Very interesting................

/Ian

Comment

Thanks Paal !
                                Ian, you're perfectly right : a partial tresse and probably a color shot taken the same day

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X