AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get enlarged reprinte of photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get enlarged reprinte of photos?

Hey guys. I have looked all over for actual ww2 photo reprints that are close to poster size and cant find a thing. Any idea where to find them? I would really like the SS man pic holding the pistol and the battle worn tough look on his face that is seen a lot in books. Any help would be appreciated. my walls are bare!

Thanks,
    Erik

Hi Erik,

I guess you mean this pic ?
    I can imagine there're posters,but in case there're not,making a high resolution scan or photo from that pic would be the only solution at the moment IMO.
    I can send you a large scan,if you want,at least you can make a A3 format or even a poster when you've acces to a large plotter.
    Problem is that it's a scan from a book,the larger you make it,the more pixels you'll see.

Does someone has any better idea ?

Jos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 03-31-2006, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Here's another version..,this is not a scan but a photo I took from a book.

Jos.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 03-31-2006, 05:41 AM.

Comment

a larger part..

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Quality is reasonable,but I think someone with photoshop experience can make it look better IMO.
          This is not far from 1:1 scale.

Jos.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thats it! I have never seen the full version. A high res scan might work. I ran across a site that would make scans or photos into posters. I would like to get a few good sized pics. maybe a tiger too. . . Thanks for your help. we'll have to see if we can figure something out.

Erik

Comment

just noticed there is 2 versions of it. was that guy posing?

Comment

For one of the best analysis of these and the other famous stills from the film that these actually come from you should look for a copy of "The battle of the bulge: Then and Now" by Jean Paul Pallud.

There was also a very in depth discussion about this soldier over on the Axis History Forum.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Yes,these are from "The battle of the bulge: Then and Now" ,but I've seen some of them in other books too.
                  There're a lot more pics from this group,yes,I think they were acting to make some cool shots..
                  Nevertheless great pics..

Erik,if you PM me your email address I'll send you some.
                  Maybe you can use them.

Jos.

Comment

Thanks guys. Wast aware they were from a film. I'll send you a PM Jos.

Comment

I always wondered something about those photos--- what the heck are those guys wearing? It looks strange, not like a SS camo smock should look. Zeltbahns? Paratrooper smocks?

Ray

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X