Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foto: unidentified German allied soldiers

Hello:

I am guessing that these are Spanish soldiers with these Lw soldiers. It is a pre or early war foto based on the German uniforms. I cannot make out the language on the posters in the background. Can anyone identify the foreign uniforms?

Erich Craciun
    Attached Files

No Spanish service has this type of uniform or equipment, no cap insignia in the spanish fashion and appears they have M98A rifles. Look in other direction as I think they are not from my country.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hi Angel,

thank you for your reply! I have very little idea of what Spansih army units look(ed) like from the time period so I was guessing. The cartridge pouches look Italian. If I could only read the language of the posters in the background. Maybe there are some sort of Balkan troops?

Erich Craciun

Comment

Probably I am wrong, but the guys have no deco/medals nor guns and they between what seems 2 guards, so why not POW - you will say, they don't look like prisonners, ok, what about Bulgarian soldiers
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Also no breast eagles!!!!!! Could be prisioners? They are too joy to be prisioners, but who knows. Perhaps short time POWs during the Balkan campaign and so they are still confidents about the victory and only waiting their release.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

This is a very early war picture (early war Lw Fliegerbluse had no breast eagles). I forgot to mention the back of the foto says "Auf der Fahrt" (while traveling). So I do not think they are prisoners. MAYBE they are Bulgarians, but I think Bulgarian visor caps are much bigger, the 'dinner plate' types. This really is a mystery. Does anyone recognize the style of overcoat the two guards are wearing? Could they be 'balkanize' (some country the purchased military equipment from Italy???)

Erich Craciun

Comment

Perhaps they are Romanian sentries with the Luftwaffe men?

Comment

Hello,
                The two soldiers have french rifles mod. 1916 and french bayonetts.
                Helmut

Comment

You are right they are French Lebel m16 rifles with lebel M86 bayonets.. I would think the soldiers are from a Balkan country since they were given large amounts of French weapons after WW1..wfg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X