Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help to ID Panzer-SS RKT

Hello fellow Collectors

can somone help me out to identify this RK & DKiG Holder from the SS-Panzerdivision Wiking?

any help is much appreciated

Regards
    Andreas
    Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM.

Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-02-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Dear Thalmannpionier: First off, just stunning photos! As I collect SS panzer photos I can tell you that the second photo I have seen. The thought all this time was the man on the right was Gille, the commander of Wiking. Now the first photo clearly shows the same man as a Strumbannfuhrer Kummel. The RK holder is possible Kurt Schumacher, but what does everyone else think? But like I said, wonderful photos!
        Tim Willemsen

Comment

Heres a well known photo that shows Muhlenkamp and Schumacher.Compare! What do you think?
          Tim Willemsen
          Last edited by Tim W; 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Hello Tim

Thank you very much for your help

I'd say it looks definitly like the one on the left on your pic. I didn't quite understand the story about the Commander Kummel Can you please explain better

I have some more photos of the Division Wiking,including tanks and a Himmler Visit.Maybe I will post some tomorrow.

Regards
            Andreas

Comment

for us cloth/headgear collectors it is nice to see some SS Panzer officer M43 caps with the single glass button.

Comment

Yes,after spending some Time with Google..It is Kurt Schumacher.
                Zugf******252;hrer of the 3.Komp. SS Panzerdivision 5 "Wiking".

I still would like to know the mystery about Kummel and Gille as stated by Tim.

As promised,here are some more Photos of the Wiking Division,including a Himmler Visit.

Regards
                Andreas
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-02-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-02-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

close up...the blonde haired Guy on the tank with the side cap is the one,I have posted a nice portrait in the SS Studio Portrait Thread
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Thalmannpionier: Yes the second photo is known to me, and the man on the right of the photo looked like Wiking Div/Corp commander Herbert Gille. I had always thought this strange but a possibility since from the profile, to me it does look like Gille. Now the copy of the photo I had seen, was no ware as clear as the one you posted, and with the first photo you posted it is now clear to me that the man on the right is Paul Kummel. He was 1st Abtl commander of the Wiking pz rgt(as far as I know). I don't have a record of his service so maybe someone else from this forum can help. I am confused with the fact that I thought the 1st Rgt commander at this same time was KC winner Rudolf Saumenicht? Can anyone shed any light on this? I've attached another SS Wiking Panzer Rgt photo with Kummel in the center, Muhlenkamp kinda on the left. Barly visible with KC is Otto Schneider.
                              The new photos you posted are wonderful also, thank you.
                              Tim Willemsen
                              Last edited by Tim W; 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X