Handbook on german military forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbook on german military forces

I found this very nice US TM-E30-451 on the organization, equipment, uniforms, badges etc. The way the US military looked upon the German armed forces on March the 15th 1945. Unfortunately I do not own an original but only a digital version. It counts over 500 pages. I will show a few in this thread.

Willem
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Schurgers for your scans from the digital copy you possess.

Here is a an example of an original board cover.
              Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Here's another of the color plates showing the Decorations and Awards. Notice the loose leaf format of the original publication. The original was not a bound book format.

Comment

Here's a close up of the Anti partisan badge. Looks as good as some of the examples that have been shown on the WAF purporting to be genuine.

Comment

Hello
                    This book is very interesting and offers a interesting landscape of the information which was available by the Allied forces regarding the German army. I have been able to learn many things thanks to this book. The chapter about the organization of the German High Command was really valuable.
                    Many reprints were published. If my memory serves me, my copy was published by a US University.
                    Regards
                    Denis

Comment

Thanks Ramon, for showing the original.

If anyone is interested in the digital version I'll gladly make copies available.

Willem

Comment

A very interesting book but of course written during the war so some of it has since been improved upon, however I can recommend it!

ps.

my copy has foreword by Stephen Ambrose this alone almost convinced me NOT to buy it!

ISBN 0-8071-2011-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rikster

my copy has foreword by Stephen Ambrose this alone almost convinced me NOT to buy it!

ISBN 0-8071-2011-1
                          2 scathing Ambrose posts in one day.....on something of a rant, are we?

Ramon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X