German Gendarmerie-Leutnant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Gendarmerie-Leutnant?

I've got this picture of a friends relative. He looks like a Leutnant of the Gendarmerie, decorated with the Baltic Cross, the Hindenburg-Cross and a second ribbon I cannot identify. The ribbon in his buttonhole looks like the 1914 EKII, but my friend has got an EKII 1939 from this man (a black Woundbadge and a bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen too). If he had the 1914 EK he should get the Spange 1939 and no second EKII... Any opinions?

I can't make out the "soft focus" 2nd ribbon bar medal either-- ?Westwall with a mini? ?Volkspflege with a mini?

He's actually wearing TWO ribbons front the buttonhole, with just the edge of the second one showing. It must be either a 1939 EK2 or a WW2 KVK 2 but has come out overly dark as if the red and black are the same color, no matter which stripes were which.

I have never seen a WW1 EK2 ribbon worn from the buttonhole WITHOUT a Spange in WW2, only always on the ribbon bar.

Nice 1919 Baltic Cross being worn correctly (cross OR ribbon bar ribbon, not both-though that was quite common)!

Comment

Many thanks Rick, yes EKII 39 and KVKII may be possible.

Comment

Interesting Portrait

I does appear similar to a Westwall with mini…just can’t see enough. Why do you believe it is a Gendarmerie LT? I would almost say that he is Schupo due to how dark the collar is portrayed. Is it named, dated, etc?

I own a similar large sized portrait photo and I've noticed that the polizei insignia on the long service ribbon appears artist enhanced...also the insignia is placed at a 45 degree angle allowing for a larger representation. The long service ribbon is also portrayed with black edges.
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

I know his name, but he was a relative of a friend. SchuPo may be possible too. Is the rank Leutnant or the SchuPo-equivalent?

Thanks!

Comment

KVK 2

Hi All,

To me the buttonhole decoration looks like a single KVK 2 ribbon with the white border being part of it. KVK 2 ribbons have the white thread showing at the edges whereas EK ribbons do not.

Best regards,

Al

Comment

Schupo or Gendarmerie

Major,

I have a 1941 rank list of Schupo and Gendarmerie Lieutenants and 2nd Lieutenants. If you want to PM his name I can look to see if he is in there and conform his branch of service.

Regards
              Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X