• Show
Clear All

Documents ask.

Hello.

I have A Konvelut Documents gotten from a soldier that he at the
    25.August 42 the east medal as an NCO got. But on its wounding badge
    Documents stands 22 January as injury and 30 September
    42 as date of issue in it. Issued as rank obergefreiter.ist that
    possible that the old rank from January used although he NCO is now?

In German
    Ich habe ein Dokumenten Konvelut bekommen von einem Soldaten.
    Der hat am 25.August 42 die Ostmedaille als Unteroffizier bekommen. Aber auf sein Verwundetenabzeichen Besitzzeugnis steht der 22 januar als verletzung und der 30 September 42 als ausstellungsdatum drin. Ausgestellt als Dienstgrad obergefreiter,ist das möglich das die denn alten Dienstgrad vom Januar benutzt haben obwohl er jetzt Unteroffizier ist?

Tommy, I have seen this differences several times, supposed to be an Unteroffizier but the document stated he was an Obergefreiter, that's could be due the amount of work for the clerck, he received the papers to award an Obergefreiter the wound badge after he was promoted to Unteroffizier and he had no choice to know it so he wrote Obergefreiter on the citation, or different units, the wound badge could be awarded by an hospital and in his files the rank was Obergefreiter, but his actual rank could be Leutnant and no way to know this by the hospital staff.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thanks Angel

For your replay..

Comment

Hi Tommy,

I think we have covered this before somewhere on the forum but I have a set of documents where the date of the award is sometime July or September 1942.....but the document is actually dated mid 1944! The rank used on this document was that when it was awarded...i.e. his rank in 1942!!
        I will post examples of these later....if I remember correctly I have about 4 that fall into this catagory.

I forgot to add....it can take 1 or 2 years for the award document to be received! 9 times out of 10 the rank is wrong on the Ostmedaille (that I have found at least!).

I also have examples where the guy has received the award twice because he has changed units during the "issueing" period!

Regards, Ian
        Last edited by Ian Jewison; 01-05-2003, 07:58 PM.
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian..

I have look my collection with Documents and i found this.

Thanks Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X