Shd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shd??

I was at a militaria fair today and I saw a small document group to a luftschutz guy who was based in Hamburg, it included two ID cards, his luftschutz book (soldbuch type) and his military drivers licence. In the books it said he was attached to the SHD I'm a bit confused as who the SHD were as the dealer said they were part of the SD and that they were involved in police activities. Could someone help me with this one as it was only £45 so I am still thinking about buying it.

Cheers,
    Regards

Phil

Hi Phil, the SHD was the "Sicherheits-und-Hilfsdienst" or the Security and Assistance Service. Nothing to do with the SD branch of the SS and Police.
    Hope this helps?
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Cheers Ade,

Do you know what sort of prices things related to the SHD sell for? especially paper items, would £40 seem an ok price?

Regards
      Phil

Comment

Hi Phil. the price does not seem expensive to me, although it is a little outside of my collecting field. I do have a couple of Heer driving licences which I bought a few years ago for £12 each. So for £40 for two documents named to one guy I would say it is fair.
        Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The SHD and the LSW (Luftschutz Warndienst) were wartime auxiliary units of mainly older men called up for service in civil defense inside Germany. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the SD! The SHD had branches that were firemen, others who were auxiliary police, etc.

In 1942 they were merged and renamed the Luftschutzpolizei, wearing Polizei insignia on Luftwaffe uniforms.

Here are a pair of 1939-42 SHD NCO's collar tabs:
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ade and Rick for the additional information,

I think I will not bother buying the document group from this dealer now, simply because he lied to me. Rick they are nice tabs I've never seen one's like them before. Ade do you know where about could get a nice army/luftwaffe drivers licence in the uk?

Regards
            Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, sorry, I do not know of any for sale over here at the moment. I will keep a lookout for one for you and drop you a line if I see one.
              Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade,

Please keep me in mind if you see any that are reasonably priced,

Regards
                Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X