Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postwar pic of famous fighter pilot : help needed

Hello

Here is a photo showing well known WWII fighters. 2 are unknown, can you help me in ID them ?

From left to right : Dietrich Hrabak, unknown, Adolf Galland, Stanford-Tuck(british Ace), Hannes Trautloft and Unknown.

MAny thanks in advance
    Denis
    Attached Files

Hi Denis,

Is the second one Gerhard Barkhorn?

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I think it's Barkhorn too.Still a very striking looking man!
      Could the other chap be Denis David?

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
      Hi Denis,

Is the second one Gerhard Barkhorn?

/Ian
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello friends ,
        I m sorry but I can`t agree with Barkhorn .
        The picture posted by Denis is a picture from my collection .I ask him to do me that favour to post it here .
        The reasons I can`t agree are .I have a lot of post war pics from Barkhorn encluded the history of Boelcke Squadron of the Bundeswehr where he was Commander for a lot of years .This pics are all different from the shown person .
        The other reason is that I asked Günther Rall 3 years ago whether he know that two to me unknown person and he don`t know them .
        We all know that he would identify Barkhorn very well if it were Barkhorn .
        Perhaps its an Stuka pilot .I thought of that because I have another picture from that person only with a Stuka model .
        So any other help is appreciate ! And thanks Denis for posting the pic !!
        Best to all
        Uli

Originally posted by Neil B
        I think it's Barkhorn too.Still a very striking looking man!
        Could the other chap be Denis David?

Comment

The unknown on the right could be Walter Schuck of JG5 and JG7 fame

Comment

Hello ,
            no its not Walter Schuck .I met him some years ago .Its not him .
            Hope someone has a clue.
            Uli

Originally posted by Jägermarty
            The unknown on the right could be Walter Schuck of JG5 and JG7 fame

Comment

He does bear a resemblance to Hans-Ekkehard Bob!?!?!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
                He does bear a resemblance to Hans-Ekkehard Bob!?!?!

/Ian
                In fact no it is not him either...I found a photo of him a few years ago and it's definately not him.

Comment

Hi
                  Not a clue but I just wonder why we look for a German pilot. As there is Stanford Tuck, is there any chance that one of these 2 gentlemen may be an Englishman or an American Ace ?
                  Douglas Bader is the first who comes to my mind : but Allied Aces are not my field so maybe a fellow member might help us.
                  Regards
                  Denis

Comment

Hi Denis ,
                    you`re absolutely right .Thats what I thought ,too .Because I know most of the german pilots .So it might be that its british or american Aces .....
                    The only thing I know is that the pic was taken 1976-1979 .... don`t know where it is but I thought Germany or England .
                    Regards
                    Uli

Originally posted by Denis
                    Hi
                    Not a clue but I just wonder why we look for a German pilot. As there is Stanford Tuck, is there any chance that one of these 2 gentlemen may be an Englishman or an American Ace ?
                    Douglas Bader is the first who comes to my mind : but Allied Aces are not my field so maybe a fellow member might help us.
                    Regards
                    Denis

Comment

Excuse my mistake before, post this on 12O'clock High and Jerry Crandall will be able to tell you. The mans face is familiar too....

Comment

I spoke to Jerry this morning by phone about this photo. At the moment, he does not recognize the unknown individuals in this photo.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Comment

Mark and Jägermarty, thanks for your efforts.
                          What a mistery !!

Comment

Denis, have you considered the man in question may be Stuka RKT Karl Spreitzer? Just a thought.

Regards Richard.
                            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Hello anybody
                              the second man from left is Paul-Werner Hozzel .Just identified him with another picture I found in my collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X