Army Oberfeld. with Minesweeper badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Oberfeld. with Minesweeper badge

When and how would this man have transferred out of the KM? Any ideas?

Erich Craciun
    Attached Files

Can he be still be in the KM? Coastal artillery?
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

I'm beginning to think you're giving Robert Noss a run for the "Weirdest Photos " title!

Another Offizier-Anwärter... my first thought on seeing the pointed straps was that he was wearing an early Marine-artillerie/shore units uniform but nuh uh-- they had ANCHORS on their buttons, and he doesn't!

There is a photo (I think in one of the Angolia & Schlicht Kriegsmarine books) of a Fähnrich ( of (Ing) if I remember correctly) wearing an army General Assault Badge on his blue uniform-- so I guess "strange transfers" went both ways!

Comment

Thanks, Rick.

But wait - it gets worse.....

He is this gentleman as a Coastalartillerie Kanonier with no awards. Foto dated 10.11.1940
        Attached Files

Comment

And then another foto dated sometime after Oktober 1941 shows the same man as an Ltn. z. S. and wearing the EKI and II, SILVER wound badge AND the Infanteriesturmabzeichen. Was this man at Dieppe or perhaps on the Krim during the winter of 1941/42?

Any idea?
          Attached Files

Comment

Erich,

I think the first photo is probably 44 or 45....he might well have transferred due to many Lw and Km going to Heer and SS units late in the war due to lack of fuel, no aircraft, ships etc...... I have a few Soldbücher in this catagory and will check out more later......
            Re: KM wearing Heer awards, again I have one example where the guy won EK II, Narvikschild, Zerstörerabz. whilst serving on Zerstörer Z 22 “Anton Schmitt” which was sunk 10.4.1940. He won the Inf.Sturmabz. as a member of Marine Regiment “Narvik” a unit formed from Kriegsmarine personnel whose ships had been destroyed.............

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Kuban Pocket Photo

I have a photo of some Kriegsmarine sailors who were fighting as infantry men in the Kuban pocket getting a "pep talk" from a General. One of the sailors was an auxiliary cruiser crewman, and one of his comrades wears the minesweeper badge and the infantry assauly badge. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X