Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d raumbild value

hello to all.

i lwould ike to know whats the value is of this 2 3d albums.
    the albums are not missing any picture,2 glasses.

the first is grossdeutschlands wiedergeburt.

the second one is die soldaten des fuhrers im velde.

i also like to know howmany of this albums have survived the war,.

thanks for any help.

silven

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

any help will be welcome.thanks

Comment

Greater Germany's Rebirth is probably the least expensive of the top rank Stereoalbums by Sch******246;nstein for reasons that escape me. It has all the biggies in it and wonderful pictures of the events in Austria at the time of the Anschluss.

In saying this, I'm comparing it to the Reichsparteitage Albums, Fliegen und Siegen, The Paris Fair, usw. . Even in mint condition this album can be had in the $350-500 range with regularity while the RPT album will fetch with ease $650 and up to well over $1000 and beyond for the 1938 Parteitag Grossdeutschland and others of the top rank albums.

The other album, is the first volume of the 2 volume set. Its companion album, The War in the West is the much more commonly available album which prices in $125-250 range. The F******252;hrer's Soliders in the Field details the war in Poland and contains some very striking images. It frequently will bring $300 and above, IF, in great condition.

As is the case in all fields of collecting, condition and completeness are key. Your Rebirth book has seen better days judging the appearance of the casket, while the F******252;hrers Soldiers in the Field looks pretty decent.

Hope this helps.

Ramon
                Last edited by ramon; 12-13-2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Here is an example of a near mint condition speciman for the Rebirth album. This resides in my collection.
                  Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I should also point out as is evidenced by a comparison of the OP's example and my example that there are differences in appearance among the various issues of the same title. This is especially true of the album War in the West where the casket itself appears in gray, green, blue and perhaps other colors. To my annecdotal knowledge, I have never seen Soldiers in the Field in any other colors than what the OP has shown and what I have in my collection. However, that being said, I'm prepared to see what other collectors might have in their possession.

Ramon

Comment

thanks for your time ramon,,i like these albums a lot ,still they are not cheap,the 2 albums must cost 400e,but if i have the chance i will buy them for 325,,thanks for your input.

cheers silven

Comment

Hi Silven,

there are 2 different versions of the album "Grossdeutschlands Wiedergeburt".
                        The so called 1st edition came with 100 photos (incl. Hess).
                        The 2nd edition came with 120 photos - and Hess was removed.
                        As Ramon already wrote the album "Kampf im Westen" had many different covers and also differing photos.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
                        silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

hallo ustufvoorwaarts,

thanx,i must pick them up by my self.its good to know there are more versions.
                          it would be nice if its the version where hess is includid.
                          i will pay attention on it.

cheers silven

Comment

As usual, Ustufvorwaerts offers great information.

I looking through my Rebirth album, I can find no pictures of Hess among the 100 Raumbilden. However, he does appear in one of the illustrations tipped in and pasted down.

In looking through the Sonderheft of Die Wehrmacht from 1938 documenting the visit of Hitler to Austria, I can find no images of Hess accompanying Hitler and the other NS luminaries. Did Hess, in fact, go with Hitler in this visit? I see Himmler, Ley, Lutze, Goebbels, et.al., but no Hess.

Ustufvorwaerts, please be so kind as to post some the Raumbilden showing Hess present. I would be most interested in seeing them.

Ramon
                            Last edited by ramon; 12-14-2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Most of these books, just like the printed text ones, were revised as certain individuals fell out of favor with the powers that be. Even the War in the West had later editions with pictures replacing one of the general's in the earlier editions that fell out of favor. I've also seen the War in the West edition in both regular type and printed in Fraktur.
                              Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X