Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit ID

Hi

I have spent the last week or so, on and off, trying to identify the unit represented in these two photos.

With the help of Larry I am almost sure that this unit is the 5th Motorized Infantry Platoon, belonging to the 15th Infantry Division?

I am not a hundred percent on this as the motorcycle has the Panzergruppe 1 / Panzergruppe Kleist K.

I have not been able to find a reference to the 15th I.D being part of this Panzergruppe. I am also assuming the 5 is the platoon number and the motorcycles indicate that it is a recon platoon. Did the 15th have a motorized section as "heavy" as this?

Am I in the ball park or way out in the parking lot?

Also from the road sign would someone with a better knowledge of the French countryside be able to suggest a few towns that this picture could have been taken in.

Cheers

Karl
    Last edited by Karl B; 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Karl!

If my interpretation of the road sign is correct, the troops are going to enter the N16 somewhere between Clermont and Paris-St. Denis.

The overall direction of advance should be from north-east towards south-west, so my best guess would be Creil:

http://www.viamichelin.de/viamicheli...27&image2.y=13

Best,

Matthias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X