Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award document 31. ID

Hello guys,

Always having an interest in items from the 31. Infanterie-Division (and this award document is signed by Gen.Lt. Wilhelm Ochsner), I recently saw this piece for sale. However and at first, I have a question about the mentioned unit. Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 25 was originally a unit placed under command of 12. Panzer-Division. Using my book from the 31. ID (Löwendivision by R. Hinze), I cannot find clear evidence that PGR 25 was subordinated to the 31. ID.

And secondly, at the time given, Ochsner was still a Generalleutnant and not a Generalmajor as typed on the award.

The signature of Ochsner seems rather original and matches fairly with other copies I have seen. So I'm not sure what to think now. Anyone who can help to clear this up?

Thanks in advance,
    Laurens
    Attached Files

Ochsner was promoted Generalmajor 1.12.43 and Generalleutnant 1.6.44
    http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...chword=ochsner

I also see that the 12 Pz.Div. and 31 Inf.Div. were both part of the XX Armeekorps around November '43.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

Thank you for pushing me in the direction of the XX. Armeekorps, I was able to locate that entry too now. Furthermore, the nearest entry I could find is November 26, but this time the 31. ID was subordinated to the XXXV. Armeekorps (straight after evacuating from Gomel). Otherwise no sign from PGR 25 or 12. PD from there on.

Laurens

PS: It's clear that I mixed up both ranks and thus it makes the signature on the award document correct after all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X