Woman Parachuter Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman Parachuter Postcard

I was wondering if anyone had seen this postcard or better yet; identify the signature. My research has revealed nothing..

Thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Closeup of signature
    Attached Files

Comment

Lola Schröder?
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hmm.. that could be. Now the million dollar question; who is she? I just did a search.. again nothing.

Comment

Nice and important photo... its Lola Schröter and she held the record for the highest (or rather from the greatest height) parachute jump, when she jumped from 6000m in 1931 and she was German. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Thanks!

I dont' see why it wouldn't be her signature on this card, but would be nice to confirm it.

There was a book she authored called 150 Fallschirmabspr******252;nge or 150 Parachute jumps that the description mentions she jumped 7000m! I am going to see if I can pick up a copy.

Great, a new collection streak to call my own:
            Crazy German women from WWII that jump from insane heights out of perfectly good airplanes...

Glad there aren't many; my wallet is already suffering from my other collection streaks...

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Thompson
              Thanks!

I dont' see why it wouldn't be her signature on this card, but would be nice to confirm it.

There was a book she authored called 150 Fallschirmabsprünge or 150 Parachute jumps that the description mentions she jumped 7000m! I am going to see if I can pick up a copy.

Great, a new collection streak to call my own:
              Crazy German women from WWII that jump from insane heights out of perfectly good airplanes...

Glad there aren't many; my wallet is already suffering from my other collection streaks...
              it most definitely is her! and if you do a little search on the internet, you will find plenty of sources that confirm that her record jump was 6000m in 1931. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X