Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Required - EK1 Document pricing

Hello Experts,

I was hoping you would be able to assist me. How much would one be expected to pay for an EK1 document for a NCO whose units was attached to the 10SS Panzer Division at Arnhem and it is signed by SS - BrigFhr Harmel (assumption is made that it is original). I dont have pictures but I was hoping that someone could tell me what should I be paying for a document like this (it is it very good condition with 2 punched holes in it). A price bracket would do.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

$250-300? Overall condition and awardee would make some difference as well as for what action or operation the award was. Just guess-timating here. SS stuff is at least double what normal stuff is. Maybe even more....
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi,

Assuming it's a period piece, Heinz Harmel is a popular and respected Div Kdr, Arnhem a very famous battle, Hohestaufen a famous and relatively short lived Division(compared to LAH,'DR' TK etc) even with hole punches I would go $4-500.

Mark

Comment

Any way at all we can see a scan?

Comment

Somehow this rings a bell in the back of the old noggin, i'm sure i've seen something like this somewhere or other in recent weeks. What's the unit? are we talking of a Heer unit attached to Frundsberg?

and if we're talking Frundsberg then geographically speaking we'd be more likely to be talking Nijmegen than Arnhem, though still of course part of the Market Garden operation.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I have enclosed a scan for everyone to have a look at. The auction house that is selling it wants 875 Euro for it. Is this too much? I recently saw a EK2 Document of the same unit, same signature, same date go on Detlev Niemann for 250 Euro. Why the difference? Can't jump 500+ euro because it is an EK1 document. I really would like to get this but in my mind it is way to much they are asking and therefore I might have to pass.

Simon, the unit Kampfgruppe 'Knaust' was in Arnhem but was later attached to the Frundsberg at the end of Market Garden. I didn't give you all the facts in my original post and that why you thought Nijmegen...as you said 'Market Garden' - all the same.

Thanks again

Scott

Comment

Right you are Scott, So you know all the relevant info about the unit.

875 is way overpriced imo but then again for someone who's a Market-Garden fanatic...who knows. For that kind of money i'd want it to be Knaust's EKI!
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Nice urkunde!

Retarded price!
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Simon and Hankmeister,

Yes thanks for your comments - I agree - way over price!!! I will keep watching it and see if it drops in value.

Thanks again

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X