Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train & Railroad Photos Request

Hi All,
    Would love to see period photos of German Trains & Railroads.
    Those of you that have them, would greatly appreciate if you could post
    them.
    Thanks!

Despite of the huge number of railway enthusiasts out there, I wondered why there are few railway related photographs posted here.

I searched "railway" on the forum and found this old thread without replies. Too late for John, but hope this thread will start rolling on the rail.
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Since it is not practical (for the time being maybe?) to create a separate thread for a captured/destroyed train related photograph, these photos will do readers favor too I believe.
        Attached Files

Comment

Suitable for a dust jacket of a book.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pics of German Railroad Eagles - In use?

I have a nice railroad eagle...always heard/told they were attached to railway engines or cars. I have never seen a piture of one in use. I bought the new German National Railway book by Piekalkiewicz...full of pictures. Thought for ysure I'd see a picture of one in use.

Nope.

So, the question begs itself...does anyone have pictures of these things in use? Period pic...

Comment

seekwhence

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                Despite of the huge number of railway enthusiasts out there, I wondered why there are few railway related photographs posted here.

I searched "railway" on the forum and found this old thread without replies. Too late for John, but hope this thread will start rolling on the rail.

Search "Reichsbahn" on the Civil/Police uniforms forum--there are a lot of pics of DRB men/women, some of which include trains/engines.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

one from my collection.
                  Ian

Comment

Rr

Great images keep them coming!!!

Jeremy

Comment

I'd like to see more of these as well.

Comment

Trains

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life Akira. I too am surprised there are not more postings about the German trains. With all the Railroad Eagles you see for sale on the market, I for one would love to see more pictures of trains with the eagles on them. Armored trains would be great to see as well.

Unfortunately all I have are these examples from an Eisenbahngeschutz album in my collection.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Eisenbahngeschütz

Boom!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome shots here guys!
                            Cheers, Steve
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Dave, your first picture is... A W E S O M E ! I love it!

Here is a picture of Bessarabian-german returning "homeland" from USSR-occupied Bessarabia. Train is not the central motif here, but still this picture shows what travelling meant back then! (*NOTE* the swaz is reversed because it was meant to be seen from the other side! The photo is in correct orientation)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 01-04-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X