Can Someone Tell Me What This Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Someone Tell Me What This Is?

My friend gave this to me today. He keeps an eye out for anything "German" and the swazi caught his eye. Can any of you ID this? It is a large print of some sort of old military battle. It states in bold at the bottom:

"WERNER REINER LICHTBILD MULLER & SOHN UNGARNSCHLACHT KONIG HEINRICH I., GOERBELINKARTON"

Thanks in advance. I was not sure where to post this, but it is a paper item.

Emo
    Attached Files

and a closer pic. . .
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Emo, you have the artists and printers details followed by the title of "Hungarian battle of King Heinrich I".

Himmler was a big fan of Heinrich the First, and even started to think of himself as the old King re-incarnated...... He defeated the Slavs etc...

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade:

Do you have any doubts that it is period? Does it deserve a framing and placement in the "war room"?

Comment

Hi Emo, I am sure it is period. I don't think it is the type of item to be copied to be honest? I think it is well worth framing.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if the pic is period, but it shows the battle of Merseburg in 933, when Henrik the first defetated the hungarians. It is intressting that germans called it ungarnschlacht, as far as I know they used this therm only for the battle of Augsburg in 955 when Otto the first defeated the hungarians second time.
            J.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X