My Harbourmaster Zeebrugge Files - Troop Movements- Passenger Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Harbourmaster Zeebrugge Files - Troop Movements- Passenger Lists

I have two file folders from what I think is the harbourmaster in Zeebrugge. Definitely should have taken another year of German in high school.

The thickest is dated 1940 and the other smaller file is 1941. There are more pieces of paper in there than I care to count. For collectors of Feldpost and other types of stamps, this is probably a little goldmine.

Near as I can figure, the docs talk about troop movements and passenger manifestos. Could be wrong about that.

There are a number of items from the polizei. I really haven't tried to decipher more than a few.

The cover on the 1940 folder is wearing out.

But, the inside docs appear to be almost all in great shape.

The smaller 1941 File:

You will see references here to a wide variety of units. Even Panzers for you Panzer-crazy types.

I'll scour these later to see if I can locate anything exceptional. Not easy to do unless I recognize a few phrases.

Jeff

Nice

Hello,

Being a Belgian myself i like the listing very much. It shows very clearely wich troops (or parts of units) where to be located at wich streets and houses !!!

This is a rather very nice document on local (Zeebrugge) history you've got over there

Cordial greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it.

There is just a ton of things to examine in these files.

For the Feldpost Stamp collectors, here's a little collage of just a few of the stamps, and Feldpost cancels inside. Many times the stamp is right beside the signatures.

Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X