Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Himmler visiting a venue - any clues as to where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the photo that Peter R. posted is of 1933, maybe 1934, vintage of the original Deutsches Hof hotel in Nuernberg that served as the HQ for Hitler during the RPT. That would explain the two LSAH guards posted at the front, the mixture of uniforms milling about and the spike helmeted person standing in front of the party uniformed man on the left. The spike helmet person would be a member of the city police of Nuernberg that still wore spike helmets at that time. The hotel was apparently rebuilt in 1935 as it was a different looking building by the 1936 RPT.

Comment

I was looking at that hotel but couldn't find any correlation to the photo.. that explains it!

Comment

I think JoeW figured it out, the entrance was rebuilt so more modern pictures will not help much.

I did however find this on the net: on the right picture of the third set of pictures from the top I think you will see a familiar 'face'

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/nuernberg.htm

Al

Comment

OK, hats off to the gents (and lady) above and a round of applause - that's fantastic! Thank you very much indeed for sharing your knowledge and helping with the research.

Looking at that photo posted by Joel pretty well clinches it, definitely the Deutscher Hof and that it can be pinpointed to a few possible years is even more outstanding. I'lll add a note to the photoalbum with this thread's info and a printout of the (excellent) 3rd Reich In Ruins site page containing these photos.

Given that the rest of the photoalbum looks like it is wartime, I wouldn't be surprised if a little fervent Hitler Youth boy didn't take this photo, same person later joining the SS, explaining why this early photo ended up in the album. Pure guesswork but it sounds fairly plausible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X