Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not really....it would be better suited to post it on Die Kniepe and I assume you posted it here as a joke! this is not my thread and if it was mine....I would ask you to remove it.

Comment

Thanks for turning what was a great photo thread into a "Bash your Political Opposites" thread...

I could care less what your political views are, the above comments do not belong here. It would be appropriate to delete them and allow this thread concerning historical subject matter to continue without your personal version of current events.
                Last edited by Mark Mac; 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. There is a place for this and it aint here in this thread..

Mike
                  Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
                  Thanks for turning what was a great photo thread into a "Bash your Political Opposites" thread...

I could care less what your political views are, the above comments do not belong here. It would be appropriate to delete them and allow this thread concerning historical subject matter to continue without your personal version of current events.

Comment

this is a great tread for fantastic original war images, thank you guys for sharing them with us.
                    Ian
                    Last edited by atomicmisfit; 08-30-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Ian and Michael,

I appreciate the replies, but myself saw no need to contact an administrator. I think the above member should be mature enough to see that the post was out of line and be courteous enough to delete it himself.

This is a great thread with plenty of information, intelligent input and many questions to answer. That is until you get to this page. It is a little frustrating to see it detriorate with a "funny picture" implying that You're nation is run by a Nazi regime... There are a million places on the internet where you can take this stuff and be hailed as a real Renaissance Man...You're more than welcome to take it there. But to put it in this thread/forum where people are truly interested in the subject only to be insulted is a unfair. This should be the place where we share the hobby without that threat/antagonism.

Perhaps it should remain, though, so it could get the attention it deserves...

Comment

Well back to what should be on this thread. A nice Luftwaffe postacard sized portrait.
                        Is the ribbon for the anchluss or the romainian anit communist ribbon?

Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the Romainian Anti Communist ribbon, which would be against regulations to be in the buttonhole.

Al

Comment

Mark,

This member from the Netherlands posted this for only one reason....to insult America. He could care less about the history and photographic value of this thread....it's only the tasteless humor he is interested in projecting. Frankly, I don't think he will do the right thing by removing that offensive image and now another member with the same taste has posted it a second time and thinks it is "very funny". I'm not posting another photo on this thread until these images are removed or moved to the appropriate forum. Bill

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post

Last edited by W Petz; 08-30-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                              Mark,

This member from the Netherlands posted this for only one reason....to insult America. He could care less about the history and photographic value of this thread....it's only the tasteless humor he is interested in projecting. Frankly, I don't think he will do the right thing by removing that offensive image and now another member with the same taste has posted it a second time and thinks it is "very funny". I'm not posting another photo on this thread until these images are removed or moved to the appropriate forum. Bill
                              Good for you Bill! I've really enjoyed seeing your photos, they provide an outstanding look at the variety of styles of uniforms and insignia actually worn by members of the Wehrmacht.

I agree that the posting by Luger p 08 was completely inappropriate and contributes nothing to this, up to now, fine thread. Someone should remind our Dutch friend that it was his country that provided members to fight in the Waffen SS and it is the United States that stand almost alone in fighting the Islamic terrorists like the one who slaughtered Dutch citizen Theo Van Gogh in broad daylight in Amsterdam. Luger p08 please have the courtesy to remove those images and if you want to know where to put them I'll be glad to tell you.

Comment

Hi

Here are a few more photos that I have acquired recently.

First one is of a NSKK Truppfuhrer.

Cheers
                                Larry
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X