No announcement yet.

Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, for one of my favorites! He just came in so had to be shown immediately. Here is a nice shot of GFM von Rundstedt with a Luftwaffe Generaloberst. He looks like Adolph Galland at first, BUT, Adolph Galland was promoted no further than Generalleutnant. I believe this is Generaloberst Alexander Lohr.

Rundstedt and Lohr both recieved their RK on 9-30-1939, so I assume that this is the occassion at which they are present!

This is a nice one so enjoy!
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are some new award pics.

EKII/KVK awards.
      Attached Files

Comment

EKI ceremony
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting portrait. Monocle included - holding on to tradition!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
            Possible and Probable...I just need a little more convincing with Zorn. Could it be another member of Klugs's staff? I would assume he is the commander of the visited formation - as that would be military etiquette, the formation commander and his superior together. Staff would hover in the background usually.

Perhaps it is the glasses that make it harder (for me) to make the call. Any pics of him with Prince Nez glasses?

Am I correct with the Officer next to Ziegler? Another General?

As a side note, Zorn was killed by a Soviet ariel attack in 1943.
            looks like the guy at the back could be Japanese

Comment

WOW,
              Outstanding photos,
              I like the the generals that you have shown.
              Thanks
              DaveJ

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Here is a new one. A celebration for a pilot with 2000 flights, I believe. This was part of a group that sold on ebay. If, by chance, anyone here bought the others please contact me and perhaps we can put this with the others...

Anyway, the scene shows some nice medals. A Luftwaffe Spiess and two DKiG. The KM officer has the Narvikschild and what looks like a clasp with hangers. Any help on what that could be? Did the KM have its own pilots?
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closeup of the KM Officer. Not the clearest, but you can see it!
                  Attached Files

Comment

General Karl Eglseer, commander of 4th Gebirgsjager Division and later XVIII Mountain Korps. Was killed in an air crash in June 1944. He spent nearly the entire First World War in a Russian hospital/captivity after being severely wounded in Sept. 1914. Was released in June 1918 during a prisoner exchange.

RKT 10-23-41.

Now for the photo. The photo itself looks odd to me. It does not glow under blacklight, but it seems strange. At first I thought this pic, and the one to follow, were from a book. If I am not mistaken, there were books published during the TR in which pictures were not printed on the page, but were attached - like a photo album. Any ideas or help? Perhaps a Press Photo known to someone here?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eglseer again. This time with another GJ General wearing his RK and smoking a cigar.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of the second Eglseer photo.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mark,

Other general was Ludwig Kuebler.

Cheers
                          Elwyn

Comment

My guess would be a pen cap rather than a cigar in his mouth.

Comment

A couple more Generals.

First is Generalmajor Kurt Feldt (from the inscription in which his name is misspelled "Feld") of the 1st Cavalry Division, later converted to the 24th Panzer Divisions (the Leaping Horsemen). He led this Division as well into 1942. RK on 8-23-41.

I see the Gebirgsjager device on the bergmutze, but I am assuming it is a liason from a neighboring unit, or they are sharing the road...Just a guess.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Mark Mac; 12-18-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Second one tonight shows two Generals. I do not know who they are...I am sure I will get some answers though!

Is the General on the right wearing a monocle?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X