Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,

You have some great pictures so keep posting them. That was an interesting picture you just posted. Busse got his RK in Jan 44 so this was almost time for v Manstein to get canned. Two months after Busse's RK, Army Group South split into Army group North and Soth Ukraine.

Cheers
    Elwyn

Comment

Elwyn, Thank you! I will do so, especially as I have some ,more work for you (and Harmel and many others here that are very good at finding names) to do! I am getting a little better myself! I was not looking for confirmation, I just did not want this to seem like so much braggadocio! I do, however, enjoy sharing these.

Yes, Busse started as Chief of Operations (Oberst) for 11th Army/Army Group Don during the winter 42/43. He was a General during Operation Citadel, but did not have his RK. I did not check his RK date so did not realize that it was this late... It just so happens that I am currently reading "Lost Victories"! Busse also took over command of 121st Infantry right after our very own Hellmuth Priess! (Post #233)

I appreciate all the great comments from all and from the forum members that have traded, sold photos to me and have helped with the pics! I think this is one of the best forums at WA and certainly much good research and historical discussion is done here.

Here are the two others from the GFM Gunter von Kluge series! The second General has some very distinguishing features...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-06-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

The last of the three. I assume this is a visit to a formation Headquarters. I am not sure, but I believe that the Officer with the leather coat is also a General. I cannot tell the year, but on a hunch I think it is Russia.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just a guess.

It could be Hans Zorn beofre he won the RK in July 41, so perhaps at the beginning of Barbarossa.

Interesting officer on extreme left looks very simlar to one with Zorn in France. Going to work, will post later

Cheers
          Elwyn

Comment

Hans Zorn's Ia Mj Joachim Ziegler? And so hans Zorn?

Cheers
            Elwyn

Comment

Possible and Probable...I just need a little more convincing with Zorn. Could it be another member of Klugs's staff? I would assume he is the commander of the visited formation - as that would be military etiquette, the formation commander and his superior together. Staff would hover in the background usually.

Perhaps it is the glasses that make it harder (for me) to make the call. Any pics of him with Prince Nez glasses?

Am I correct with the Officer next to Ziegler? Another General?

As a side note, Zorn was killed by a Soviet ariel attack in 1943.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-08-2006, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwyn View Post
                Mark,

You have a winner in #243. PzAbwAbt 30, part of 30 Inf Div...on the top right was Joesef Rettemeier, later RKT and ELT #425. I need to do more work on Schulze as it is such a common name.

Cheers
                Elwyn
                More winners Mark! Hptm Schulze looks to me RKT Kurt Schulze. . Can someone confirm?

Cheers
                Elwyn

Comment

OK! A few more.

This photo is suppose to be a halftrack from the 2nd Panzer Division in France. No inscription and this from the seller. "K" for Kleist is apparant, but no other markings or inscription on the reverse.

Nice photo in any event.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice vehicle shot. Shows a member of a Propagandie Kompanie as evident by his cufftitle. License plate is WH 6621.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Two Luftwaffe Officers - General on the left? Looks familiar, but I cannot place him. Perhaps resembles Kesselring, but it would have to be in a 3 or 4 week period in 1939 to match the awards shown.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A very nice DAK photo! Shows three Officers - the Officer with the visor cap has the IAB, the Officer with overseas cap has skull insignia on his collar. A little closer look at the Officer in the far left, with M43 cap, shows what appears to be stripes on his trousers, covered by dust, but visible above his knee. A General of a Panzer Division?

I have not been able to make out the division markings on the fender of the vehicle, so may have to spend more time on that...

Suggestions?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-13-2006, 09:09 PM.

Comment

General Theodor Endres in France June 23, 1940, commander of the 212th Infantry Division. Was awarded the RK on July 19, 1940. Retired into Fuhrer Reserve in 1943. There is a nice, lengthy inscription on the reverse. If anyone wants to try and translate, send me a PM!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-13-2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I am still working on this General - perhaps that is an assault badge, just visible beneath the binoculars. Looks solid so a PAB.

Any help appreciated!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mark, Very nice additions. I especially love the vehicle shots...

Mike

Comment

Well, I have been very lucky these past few weeks. I have added GFM von Kluge, GFM von Manstein and General Busse, General Endres, General Lanz...and again, General Lanz!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X