No announcement yet.

Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two Generals in this staff car and I believe the one in the front is Von Rundstedt

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Here's an officerr, I assume a general saluting troops from a Mercedes. Any idea who this general was?

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
      Here's an officerr, I assume a general saluting troops from a Mercedes. Any idea who this general was?
      In the middle must be Bernhard Rust.

Comment

The Heer officers were --- v Knobelsdorff and the Korps pennant gave the other guy's ID away. v Knobelsdorff was with 19 Pz home base being Hameln

It's Kmdr stellv XI Korps/ WK XI Hannover Wolfgang Muff. And of course Rust was Gauleiter Südhannover Brauschweig.

Cheers
        Elwyn
        Last edited by Elwyn; 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

generals

Originally posted by Elwyn View Post
          The Heer officers were --- v Knobelsdorff and the Korps pennant gave the other guy's ID away. v Knobelsdorff was with 19 Pz home base being Hameln

It's Kmdr stellv XI Korps/ WK XI Hannover Wolfgang Muff. And of course Rust was Gauleiter Südhannover Brauschweig.

Cheers
          Elwyn
          Hi Elwyn,

So the three gentlemen were from left to right, von Knobelsdorff, Rust and Muff. The troops being reviewed were probably the 19th Panzer Division in Hameln? Interesting this is the second Hameln photo that I have just received. The other being a BDM girl named Marlies, she appears to be 10 in her photo.

Comment

Hi Stug III,

The other way round L-R: Muff, Rust, v K.

I believe this was taken same time as a series of pics of RKT Obst Gustav Schmidt (later general also) taking the salute in front of 19 Pz. You should be able to find them in this forum.

Cheers
            Elwyn

Comment

Generals

Hi Elwyn,

Thanks for the names and the correct order in the photo.

Comment

Hi Marc, you posted photos of my grandfather Alois Kistella (picture 139) in this forum. Can you tell me where you got this photo from? do you have any other photos or information about my grandfather? Sorry for my english, many thanks to Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X