Looking for some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some help

All- Looking for some help in identifying the two RK winners and the flag officer in these three images. They came off of Detlev's site several weeks ago. Looks like two seperate RK winners (one with a JU-88's in the background the other with an HE-111) and an unknown Flag officer. Location the same base in Africa. Anybody recognize who they all are and their unit(s)? I thought the flag was Kesselring, but it is only a guess. Also never saw a guy wear a campaign shield on his shirt before!
    Attached Files

The Flag

Here is the second image
    Attached Files

Comment

Another RK winner

Anotehr RK winner
      Attached Files

Comment

No idea Dirk, but the first pic is superb - a Narvik shield on an AK shirt - first time I see that
        Maybe you can scan your pics in a bigger definition (at least to identify the clasp of the first pic)
        François
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Nope, need better Blurs and Smudges than those, sorry!

Comment

Not 100% but I am sure I recognise some of the faces....Is this JG 53 in Africa?!?!?!

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks

All- Thanks for trying. The closest I've come to the location is either Eleusis Greece or Comiso in Italy. Although could be Africa, where I don't know. The way the participants are lined up it looks a lot like the LG 1 ceremony for Ofw Sclund around Sep 41 at Eleusis. I've got a few more pictures from the set I'll post that may jog someones memory. I looked at the clasp under an 8X lope and it is just not clear if it was a fighter or bomber clasp so close-ups won't help. Dirk

Comment

More pictures

Hopefully these pictures will post, if not they will be under the RK forum. The second picture shows an officer with a summer hat who looks familar. Hopefully somebody will ID these guys. Dirk
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk,

In response to your PM, I do not think it is Comiso. Comiso was not as open as that.......nor could we see any hills from that base. If you recall, there were alot of vineyards, etc around the base. How about Salonika, Greece?? My father flew Ju88s from that area in late '43.

Regards,

Willi
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Eleusis?

Willi- I am leaning toward Eleusis Greece. There are some very similar photos of Ofw Schlund (LG 1) getting his RK in Sep 41 that match closely. Same music band with European uniforms, same troops with high socks and boots, shorts and shirts. However the honor guard and the award winner are wearing helmets so I am not sure (photos of Schlund's ceremony out of Werner Held's "The Luftwaffe in the North African Campaign"). Did you fathers unit have any RK winners around this time. Lastly, I thought there were hills with stone walls and vineyard behind Comiso that lead to Ragusa and the Med. Dirk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X