Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww1 and ww2 private shots

Hello everyone,
    I´m new to this Forum, and i would like to show u some photos i found in our private Photoalbum. Its been giving from generation to generation.
    I would like to know more about them.. so any comment about it would be helpfull..maybe u can help my to find out more about those guys on the photo.

i post them without order.

+no.1+

+no.2+

+no.3+

+no.4+

+no.5+

+no.6+

+no.7+

anyone?
    or are they not intressting enough?

Comment

There is lots to say, but a lot of photos.

Take #2 for example-typical WW1 Landsers, probably in Russia @ Summer, 1917. Note the "Happy House/Villa Lustig" 7/1917 on the back wall. Given their age and the jr. NCO in the front and lack of boots-probably a work detail. You can not see any regimental i.d..
      The most interesting and unusual one is the navy HJ boy, #6.

Comment

thanks for ur first help on this, i allways read "VILLA LUFTIG" 1912 (villa bellair) and i tought "SOLEC" was in poland.
        if anyone wants a closer look at some details .. let me know.. i will scan it in higher resolution.

Number 1 and 6 are the same guy, but their might be some years between them. Notice on #6 the badge on his shoulder.. "MITTE SACHSEN" (midle saxonia) i always wonder about this.. coz "Sachsen" is in middle-east germany and has only the river ELBE nearby. So why is he wearing a marineuniform with this Sachsen badge? Or is this badge on every uniform? Im not an expert on this..

can anyone help me with photo #3
        what rank is this guy in and is he a luftwaffesoldier?

thanks for ur help
        Last edited by dahool23; 10-10-2005, 07:33 AM.

Comment

No-you are right, it's probably Poland and i'd bet they are members of a Landwehr or Ersatz unit there. The Luftig ("Bellair) makes it even funnier-nice hotel.

The Luftwaffe man is a mere private.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
            No-you are right, it's probably Poland and i'd bet they are members of a Landwehr or Ersatz unit there. The Luftig ("Bellair) makes it even funnier-nice hotel.

The Luftwaffe man is a mere private.
            some things to note as i looked at the pics.
            1) this man was a pioneer judging by the piping on his uniform(black..) probably taken near the end of the
            war,with the ls slip-ons on his shoulderboards
            3)the luftwaffe man was probably a rear area guard of some sort as shown by the lack of a second set of cartridge pouches on his belt( and the older rifle he has been issued..)

Comment

some hints for those ww1 guys on #7?
              i still search some more shots in this album.. there must be some with a hugh canon or artillery.. and another one from this marine guy with a KRIEGSMARINE had...i try to find it..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X