Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images of Oath taking on Battalion Flags

Anyone have any images of this event?

Been looking high and low for images of this, and it looks like they are rather hard to find.

I have 2 books, one on the Flags of the Third Reich, and the book on the Deutchland Erwache, and even in those, there is only a few images, so any have to share?

This would be where the soldiers have on hand on the flag and staff as its lowered, and the other with the arm raised with 2 fingers extended swearing alliegence to AH.

Hello Rich

Here is a series of photos showing the oath taking ceremony of Inf. Rgt. 38.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Larrister,

Thank you for showing these, as these are really great images to see.

I have my eye on a photoalbum with the use of a swallow tail standart for the ceremony, and may be aquiring that.

Anyone else have any images?

Comment

Hi Rick

Here is another.
                    Also some pics at this thread. www.wehrmacht-awards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115619

Cheers
                    Larrister
                    Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

I think I have seen the first Oath photo! Rich, here is a Luft ceremony!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rich,

Welcome to the WA forum. Ever since I purchased my batallion standarte and accessories grouping two years ago (remember my post on the GD site), I have been buying up every picture I can find that shows a nice view of a Heer Vereidigung (or swearing-in ceremony). As a result I have a nice stack of photos like you requested. What are you looking for in particular?

Unfortunately do to recent events where my pictures have appeared on other sites without my knowledge, I am no longer posting pictures in public, so we probably need to PM.

Comment

Of particular interest in all of this is the way the Stadardt Bearers each hold their flags. Then their gear, such as the shoulder straps. Were these colored to match the flag and standardt bearers shields?

From the other thread, where the images of the SS taking their oath on the swords, was this the process for SS membership? Or was there more than one way or tradition for taking the oath.

Is there any printed matter that explains the responsibility of a Standardt bearer?

Comment

Can anyone shed more light on the term "Fahnenspruch"? The translation is obvious, but was the Fahnenspruch part of the ceremony pictured above - in addition to the Fahneneid - or was it just a motto painted on the barracks wall or some such thing?

I ask because I found the following on AHF from 2002 by a Swede named Wolf.

"NICHT WANKEN, NICHT SCHWANKEN,
                            NUR EINEN GEDANKEN:
                            VORWÄRTS - UND DURCH
                            Fahnenspruch der I. Abteilung Panzer Regiment 35 (of the great 4th Panzer Division!)

EHRE KANNST DU NIRGENDS BORGEN,
                            DAFÜR MUSST DU SELBER SORGEN!
                            Fahnenspruch der II. Abteilung, Panzer Regiment 35 (of the glorious 4th Panzer Division)."

I have no other reference for this particular information. I'd like to confirm it or at least hear if anyone else knows of the specifics of the Fahnenspruch tradition in the Wehrmacht.
                            Thanks, Frederick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X