Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postcard

Can anyone identify this particular postcard and hopefully have some kind of information about it. Maybe it is just "another" postcard but still I remain optimistic anyone might know anything about it.

http://krigsforum.se/forum/files/vykort_1_fram_2.jpg

This striking card was issued April 8, 1938 to commemorate the Plebiscite meant to voice the people's desire to support the final incorporation of Austria into Germany. The Postcard Katalog published by Michels lists this as katalog number P268.

The graphic designer, Richard Klein is responsible for the card. Klein produced designs for many postcards, both offiical and unofficial in nature, as well as many of the more interesting stamp designs of the period.

It was issued in tremendous numbers and is rather common. A person should be able to purchase a sound example in the $10-15 range.

Ramon
    Last edited by ramon; 09-12-2005, 08:57 PM.

Comment

One month ago I bought one like this in mint condition: 12 euros.

Greeting from Spain.

Comment

I failed to mention that there are 2 basic varieties of this card. One will have the imprinted stamp on the reverse of the card while the other will have not bear the imprinted stamp. With non imprinted stamp variety, the correspondent would purchase his own stamp and affix it to the card.

Also, there is a private variety not often seen where the Böhmen und Mähren annexed territories are represented by the addition of an adhesive label which was affixed to the map. When I have an opportunity, I shall scan an example of that item. This is seldom seen and brings good money when offered for sale.

Gregorio's post above is certainly representative of the typical purchase of the commonly encountered version of the basic card.

Cheers,

Ramon
        Last edited by ramon; 09-14-2005, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much Ramon. Much appreciated.

Comment

Anyone have any information regarding this postcard showing Hitler at a car factory?

http://www.krigsforum.se/forum/download.php?id=1821

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X