Goering Luftwaffe Savings Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goering Luftwaffe Savings Book

Hi Guys, I have got two original (no doubt about originality) Goering Savings book...these were given by Goering as the Chief of the Luftwaffe to the children of Luftwaffe Soldiers killed in action on the first christmas after the father's death. They are made out to the value of 1000Reichsmark. I have listed pics of one of them below and here are my questions:

1. Has anyone else seen these books before?
    2. Does anyone how many were ever issued?
    3. Were they given to the child of every Luftwaffe soldier killed in action or only to the children of officers or only the children of pilots? the text in the savings appears to indicate that is was given to all.
    4. Has anyone ever seen one for sale anywhere or knows how much this would be worth?

Cheers and thanks for all comments left...Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

od23 -2

Originally posted by torstenbel
    Hi Guys, I have got two original (no doubt about originality) Goering Savings book...these were given by Goering as the Chief of the Luftwaffe to the children of Luftwaffe Soldiers killed in action on the first christmas after the father's death. They are made out to the value of 1000Reichsmark. I have listed pics of one of them below and here are my questions:

3. Were they given to the child of every Luftwaffe soldier killed in action or only to the children of officers or only the children of pilots? the text in the savings appears to indicate that is was given to all.
    4. Has anyone ever seen one for sale anywhere or knows how much this would be worth?

Attached Files

Comment

od23 -3

Attached Files

Comment

od23 -4

Attached Files

Comment

od23 -5

Attached Files

Comment

od23- 6

Attached Files

Comment

Holy Smokes Torsten,

Are these rare or what! I've been collecting documents for over 25 years and I have never seen one of these before. As to price, man you could ask, and get, just about anything you want. I'd love to have one but I'm sure they are way, way out of my league. However, my birthday is in November and Christmas is right after that (hint, hint).

Cheers,

DocumentsGuy (aka Reichpaper)

Comment

Sparbuch

Hi Torsten,

Unfortunately I can't give you info. on what the specifics are for receipt of the Sparbuch's, perhaps Ian or some others can way-in however on value I suspect they are between 450-550 Euro depending on individual. Periodically I do see these and if I'm not mistaken Kai Winkler has one for sale presently at 575-590 Euro???.

Cheers

Jeremy

Comment

Hi Guys, thank you very much for your replies...I think that 550 Euros on average is a little too much money for them....but I can imagine that they might be sold for that sort of money...I do not know how many of them were ever issued, but I do know the source where I got them from and I do know how many more that source has. I would suspect that the others you may see for sale some time will have also originated from the same source??...I can assure you that they are all real and original...that source still has some more, but they are limited and we are not talking huge numbers and I also know that he is not too desperate to sell them and he does want to hold on to them for as long as he can...so, lets see what happens...maybe, I can talk him into parting with a few more... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Hi there, I now know what these were handed out for... I just managed to get a couple more and one of them contained an additional insert from the Deutsche Bank and in there the savings books are described as being given by the Reichsmarschall to the underaged children of pilots that got killed in action against the enemy...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Rarity

Like Bruce, I've collected documents for 20 years. And the Reich had so many different documents that finding something that hasn't been seen before, while interesting, isn't usually all that informative. Your find, however, is at the other end of that spectrum. Also like Bruce, I found your posting exciting and quite informative. Congratulations on finding a source for more than just one or two. And thank you for graciously sharing your find.

Comment

Thanks Jay... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X